Owen Sound Attack 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Attack announced today they have officially inked their first rounder, Pierce Mbuyi.

Big OHL cup, could be a steal.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
1718218775430.png

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
I think it depends on what DeGray is looking to get out of it. If he wants an 08 1st then it has to come at the deadline. If he wants a pick heavy package then I think you move when you get your price.
I think they wait toward the deadline even if they prefer the pick heavy package just to buy some time to see the 08s a bit before deciding which route to take.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I think they wait toward the deadline even if they prefer the pick heavy package just to buy some time to see the 08s a bit before deciding which route to take.
I agree, I think earliest they may pull the trigger would be early December if they are going for the picks package. I'm not expecting an October deal by any means. Gives some time to see what the market may bear and set the prices plus evaluate any players of interest that they may look to get in return.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I see Brantford as a marquee landing spot for barlow. They have the best pick packages and their first round pick had real good stats- could be another steal.

Also they’re in the east so you guys wouldn’t have to play him as often.

When Brantford wants to win we see them make moves for big names like going for mctavish and xhekaj back in 2021/2022.

They’re going to have a good team to start probably be around the 4 or 5 spot before they start really adding.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
How soon does Barlow get traded? Do they wait until the deadline or get it done quickly?
Big name players are usually traded closer to the trade deadline because teams often want a player drafted in the 1st round as part of the deal and the return is often better at or near the deadline.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
There was a video I think Attack fb page of Dale and Pierce signing. When they were standing side by side I'm thinking he may have taken a bit of a growth spurt. He was at least as tall as Dale and while wearing a jersey looked filled out a bit.
I know Dale is listed as 6'0" but father time comes for us all and as we age, we start to shrink. I think it's more likely the two met somewhere in the middle lol. I do agree that it appears as though Pierce has been doing work though.

Reactions: KFawcett

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
I know Dale is listed as 6'0" but father time comes for us all and as we age, we start to shrink. I think it's more likely the two met somewhere in the middle lol. I do agree that it appears as though Pierce has been doing work though.
I hear you on the shrinking. When I had my physical to be allowed to play football in grade 9 I was 6'1" now at 63 I'm 5'11"

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Ethan Kindree, 3rd rd pick from Halton Hurricanes signed today .

Welcome to the Bears Den , Ethan and family.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad