Prospect Info: Owen Beck

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
He looks better than I was expecting but I still think Habs should have move more spots to pick Gaucher. Here's what a poster said about Nathan Gaucher on Ducks forum :

"It doesn't suck being Nathan Gaucher in the last year.

NHL 1st round pick
WJC gold medallist in August
WJC gold medallist in January
Champion of the QMJHL regular season
Champiion of the QMJHL playoffs
Memorial Cup Champion"

It was reported soon after the draft that Habs tried to move up (with the Mesar pick) but weren’t able to.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
He looks better than I was expecting but I still think Habs should have move more spots to pick Gaucher. Here's what a poster said about Nathan Gaucher on Ducks forum :

"It doesn't suck being Nathan Gaucher in the last year.

NHL 1st round pick
WJC gold medallist in August
WJC gold medallist in January
Champion of the QMJHL regular season
Champiion of the QMJHL playoffs
Memorial Cup Champion"
Good Player Bad Organization?
Remains to be seen.
Anaheim and San Jose could both be perpetual tanks.
They certainly haven't demonstrated a desire to win in recent years.
Like none zero zip nada.

Did you describe Philip Danault there on purpose or accidentally by chance? Lol

While that can always BE a possibility, I just have a much better feeling about Becks possible attitude towards the whole thing

Plus, the amount of times OUR guys get hurt lol, there will be no shortage of potential top6 opportunities for Beck in the not so distant future
Beck clearly states he'll wash f***ing dishes if that helps the team.
Did the dude even read the article?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Good Player Bad Organization?
Remains to be seen.
Anaheim and San Jose could both be perpetual tanks.
They certainly haven't demonstrated a desire to win in recent years.
Like none zero zip nada.

Beck clearly states he'll wash f***ing dishes if that helps the team.
Did the dude even read the article?
Ducks are in the tanking mode just like us. Maybe we are a bit ahead of them in our process, they are planified to win in 7 years, we in 5 years. Anyway a 3C isn't that important if the 2 first lines are studs. 2 different players can be equally good. It seems Beck is a good guy so let's give him his try. What bugs me, he's not 6'3" like Gaucher ...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Ducks are in the tanking mode just like us. Maybe we are a bit ahead of them in our process, they are planified to win in 7 years, we in 5 years. Anyway a 3C isn't that important if the 2 first lines are studs. 2 different players can be equally good. It seems Beck is a good guy so let's give him his try. What bugs me, he's not 6'3" like Gaucher ...
Why let it bother you we were never in the running for Nathan Gaucher at 22nd.

Reactions: Tyson

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I wonder if we end up trading Dvorak in the summer. I feel like Beck would end up being too good to send down in that case.

Something on my mind as well. If Dvorak is moved, I think we have faith Beck is ready and Evans can hold the 3C role with Beck developing in a sheltered role.

* Suzuki/Dach as our top 2C's.
* Evans/Dvorak as the bottom 2C's
* Newhook as the wild card (winger/center type).
* Beck and Kapanen as the guys knocking on the door.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I wonder if we end up trading Dvorak in the summer. I feel like Beck would end up being too good to send down in that case.

Dvorak shouldn't have any value at this point.

I think they will use the same approach with Beck as they did with Roy. Send Beck to the ahl for half a season, then call him up.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dvorak shouldn't have any value at this point.

I think they will use the same approach with Beck as they did with Roy. Send Beck to the ahl for half a season, then call him up.
Fair but keep in mind Roy didn't force anyone's hand out of camp.
What I've been suggesting is Beck forces Marty to decide he wants him in his starting group.
Marty tends to get what he wants and Hughes will have to react accordingly.
The fact that Dvorak has little value would actually make it much easier to dump him.

This group has challenged our prospects to force their hands loudly and publicly.
I keep going back to the same refrain our management have proven to stick to their word.
They mean what they say so until they don't I'll use it as a guide to what is and isn't possible.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Oh I don't agree with that at all. I know we don't like him on here but at minimum he's worth a 3rd, he's an NHL 3C.

At the tdl? sure
In the offseason? No

He's coming off a 9 pts in 30 games season. Gm's won't want to give up any decent asset for that when they could just sign a ufa player or promote a prospect to the nhl.

The wings had to give up a 2nd round pick to trade Wallman just now. Wallman is a 28 years old dman, who played 20 min a night, scored 12 goals in 63 games, and has 2 years x 3.4 M left.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

With it sounding like they want to be more competitive this year and Dvorak's value being at an all time low, I think they probably keep Dvorak around for now.

With Dach injured the last two years and Dvorak missing a lot of time, our centre depth was horrible and we ended up having Evans centering our second line and having to claim plugs like Colin White.

If he has a decent season and stays healthy he'd probably get some interest at the trade deadline as GMs are always looking for centres who can win faceoffs and kill penalties, plus he can chip in offensively as well.

Reactions: JoelWarlord

Garnet76

Dec 3, 2017
Chatham Ontario
I like Beck. Should be able to be a solid part of the PK, win important face-offs while playing a solid 200 ft game. I'm not sure how much offensive he will have in the NHL though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I like Beck. Should be able to be a solid part of the PK, win important face-offs while playing a solid 200 ft game. I'm not sure how much offensive he will have in the NHL though.
Yeah it will be interesting to see if he can become a 2nd line center.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Snake
I like Snake. But his views on Habs prospects is always skewed on the lowest possible outcome.

He's real low on Mailloux, calling him an AHL lifer. He hasnalso repeatedly brought up Hutson as someone they should trade.
I like Snake too, he has a good flair/llooking about forward, but for dman,I don’t think he is really good. Saying Mailloux is a 6th dman this is low expectations. Mailloux done a really good year for a 20 years old dman in the AHL. To me he has top 4 upside

Reactions: Adam Michaels

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Brock Otten ranking the drafted OHLers who played last year:

1724091500668.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad