HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Whether, you, I or any other poster in this board have blinders or not is insanely irrelevant to what happens in any teams in the league...lol. We didn't have to power to pick Michkov....
So just because we aren’t at the drafting table we can’t have an opinion or any interest in other prospects that our own? Not sure I get the point your are trying to make.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So just because we aren’t at the drafting table we can’t have an opinion or any interest in other prospects that our own? Not sure I get the point your are trying to make.
Clearly you don't. Opinions? Fine. I had Michkov for our pick. Was dissapointed to see Reinbacher pick. Big time. Still believes you never draft by position and we did. We could have done better.

BUT the whole Michkov is coming, Hughes look stupid is dumb. Unless we know that Hughes and Gorton said that the reason they didn't pick Michkov was him coming only in 5 years....there's no point to make. Him coming over now is irrelevant. Michkov could have been playing in the CHL, chances are they would not have picked him either. They wanted a righty D. They loved Reinbacher. Period.

Again, now, if you want to say that picking for needs is dumb and they should have picked Michkov no matter when he comes....yeah, I totally agree. But that's it.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Yeah let’s put on blinders about everything else that happens around the league, in the out of town thread nonetheless lmao.
It’s not just this thread. It’s every thread. He comes up again and again. Like f***ing get over it.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
And another point.....yes, it was unknown when he was coming. It was uknown to Philly as well. Let's not pretend because NOW he's coming that it was never uknown to begin with....

Philly did great by finally stopping at 7th a guy that should have been picked at 2....and pick the BPA. Does it make the other dumb? Yeah, maybe. But mostly it makes Philly great for doing the right thing.

Still....while we have an opinion now....the real opinion will the fact...in 5 years. For OUR sake, let's hope it works out.

Reactions: Andrei79

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Oh boy.....not a good look for the "he may never come over, no control on his development crew."
Yeah that should be the end of people pretending that having Borbov's dad provided us with top secret information about Michkov coming over. If Hughes voiced concern about not being able to fully control Michkov's development only for him to come over a year later, Borbov's dad's intel about this means absolutely nothing.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Yeah that should be the end of people pretending that having Borbov's dad provided us with top secret information about Michkov coming over. If Hughes voiced concern about not being able to fully control Michkov's development only for him to come over a year later, Borbov's dad's intel about this means absolutely nothing.
And they might comically miss out on Demidov this year, or better yet pass on him.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

It's not an opinion......all you actually want is to be right about your original thought to feel somewhat better than management. Truth is, you me and everybody here don't have a single clue about prospects. We don't know 10% of what they know. That goes for everyone here and everyone who thinks they know about prospect on twitter, podcast and whatnot.

Reactions: 1909

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
It’s almost as if defencemen take longer to develop than forwards.
He can take all the time he wants. In this draft Reinbacher is a top10-15 players. Hugues said at his max potential, Reinbacher would be a good #2 who wouldnt run a PP.

Id rather have a dynamic 1st line forward with as much skills as Bedard. Than a number 2 who dont PP.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dellandrea would have been the type of reclamation project Hughes seemed to like...
What makes you think KH likes reclamation projects?

Dach was 21 when acquired. Newhook 22. They were not reclamation projects they were still young player with upside.

I wonder how much palm tree tattoo correlates with lack of effort on ice.
You'll know next season.

Kind of surprise people act like the Kings did good.

They traded Vilardi, Iafallo, Kupari and a 2nd round pick for 34 years old Darcy Kuemper.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He can take all the time he wants. In this draft Reinbacher is a top10-15 players. Hugues said at his max potential, Reinbacher would be a good #2 who wouldnt run a PP.

Id rather have a dynamic 1st line forward with as much skills as Bedard. Than a number 2 who dont PP.
As much skill as Bedard yet dropped to 7th. Weird

Reactions: LaP

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Dude are you doing your best to be that ridiculous? He didnt drop because of skills but because of contract issues. Now he is in the nhl. And he is the 2nd best player of this draft. You can like Reinbacher as much as you want, but dont try to downplayed what really happened.
Bedard is a generational player. Nobody had as much skills as him last year. What is ridiculous is pretending Michkov is on the same level as Bedard skill wise. Bedard was almost a ppg at 18 playing on a team that would likely not be good enough to make the playoffs in the AHL.

Reactions: morhilane and 1909
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad