HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
If there's someone who needs a sports psychologist, it's definitely Skinner.

Jack Campbell reading your comment :
kermit.jpg

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Bettman made so many mistakes, big and small, it's hard to even track it at this point. The owners don't care about the sport... they are happy with Bettman just as long as he scratches their backs generates sufficient wealth for them.

I'm not saying the NHL should be bigger than the NBA but it sure as hell could be closer than 6/10th of the way there. It's just not a modern commercial sport and that has got everything to do with the NHL's head office and nothing to do with the sport itself.

The NHL markets franchises whereas the NBA markets stars.

The latter is obviously a better business decision.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
I agree this is extremely annoying and something I have to unfortunately overlook if I'm going to enjoy the finals. Being rewarded with a generational talent for being an incompetent failure is a flaw in the system. The Oilers should be toiling away in the AHL trying to get promoted back into the NHL, not being given undeserved riches.

I guess I won't be unhappy if they lose. Would rather support a team that has tried to build a winning roster without corporate welfare. Just can't stand Dallas or Florida.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
jeezus... SCF starts on saturday? can they drag it any longer? Not that I'll be watching. Cause I won't.

I’ll definitely be watching, as well as the NBA finals which I am super AMPED for.

The Jays aren’t giving me much to cheer for though I am going to the Orioles/Jays game on Thursday. My first home game of the season.

On that note, LFG Oilers and Mavericks!!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Connor is a Molson products enjoyer.

McDavid to Montreal (E5)

Pretty sure Connor can’t afford me although he’s got the pick of the litter with Runners 1-76 ahead of me. :sarcasm:

Man, all those clingy dudes on his path.

Connor, you don’t need a runner but a repellant. Wear your gross socks with the holes in them (the ones you wear for good luck but never wash), around your neck — that should do it.

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Has there been any more news on Michkov coming over this upcoming season? I need to make some moves on my fantasy team :)

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I agree this is extremely annoying and something I have to unfortunately overlook if I'm going to enjoy the finals. Being rewarded with a generational talent for being an incompetent failure is a flaw in the system. The Oilers should be toiling away in the AHL trying to get promoted back into the NHL, not being given undeserved riches.

I guess I won't be unhappy if they lose. Would rather support a team that has tried to build a winning roster without corporate welfare. Just can't stand Dallas or Florida.
One team gotta have the generational guy. I mean saying you can't enjoy watching that team because of that is imo ridiculous. That's one of the most ridiculous thing that keep being repeated around here, Giving that generational player to a team top team making it win 6-7 stnaley cups in a row would not be better at all. McJesus playing for NYR or Boston would not be any better.

I honestly disagree that Edmonton did a bad job. They struggled for sure but they had a 1st overall in probably the worst draft of all time. All teams no exception would have taken Yakupov. That draft sucked big time. Then they had Hall. Some team might have taken Seguin but makes no mistake for all teams it was either Hall or Seguin. Seguin did not really live up to his draft rank either he's not bad but he's not a difference maker. Seguin in playoffs is a 43 in 82 points guy in career for a 2nd overall that's pretty damn bad. Then they had RNH. Not a great draft either. Landeskog would have been a better pick maybe but there was no difference maker in the first round. The only clear elite super nhl guy that year was Kucherov drafted in the 2nd round.

They had McJesus. So what? Big deal. They got Bouchard at 10th many teams passed on him and drafted worse players they f***ing just had to draft him. Draisaitl 3rd overall. He's better than anyone else that year including 1st and 2nd overall. People act like Draisaitl was a 1st overall pick he was not two teams passed on him. They got McLoad in the 2nd round. Skinner in the 3rd round. Nurse 7th overall. Broberg and Holloway are looking like thay could develop as NHLer they got them 8th and 14th. They have been mismanaged for a while but people act like they got 4 generational players 1st overall. No 3 of those 1st overall were in draft without any real difference makers ranked top 10. One of those 1st was in what could be considered the worst draft in modern history.

Reactions: Rapala
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad