HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Good game

No, Leafs last SCF was in the 60s. They've been to ECFs though.
Lol... what a BS commercial then. Van, Edm, Habs were all SCF and then the leafs... What a joke.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
f*** the playoffs suck.

Another game that was pretty much just a good regular season game.

What the f*** has happened to the NHL ?

They wanted less obstruction and animosity so the skill can shine through, but where's the skill ? I swear more skilled shined through with more obstruction. Not that even I want to go back to where a useless f*** like Mike Rathje can have a long career, but there's nothing really going on.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
f*** the playoffs suck.

They wanted less obstruction and animosity so the skill can shine through, but where's the skill ? I swear more skilled shined through with more obstruction. Not that even I want to go back to where a useless f*** like Mike Rathje can have a long career, but there's nothing really going on.
I actually think these playoffs have been great - intensity picks up time & space reduced, and the typical regular season garden lilies accustomed to perimeter hockey become less of a factor

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
f*** the playoffs suck.

Sad but true.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
f*** the playoffs suck.

Obstruction is back. They've made a fine art of it this time around, though. It's all about positioning and keeping the stick off the opponents hands, but using it to interfere in other ways.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good game

Lol... what a BS commercial then. Van, Edm, Habs were all SCF and then the leafs... What a joke.

Last Finals appearance:

Montreal: 2021 (lost, last won 1993)
Vancouver: 2011 (lost, have never won)
Edmonton: 2006 (lost, last won 1990)
Toronto: 1967 (they won, last time to finals)

Toronto hasn't made the finals since the last time they won it, 1967. All 3 other teams have been to the finals this century.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Last Finals appearance:

Montreal: 2021 (lost, last won 1993)
Vancouver: 2011 (lost, have never won)
Edmonton: 2006 (lost, last won 1990)
Toronto: 1967 (they won, last time to finals)

Toronto hasn't made the finals since the last time they won it, 1967. All 3 other teams have been to the finals this century.
Ottawa and Calgary also made the finals since 2000.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Skinner will cost Edmonton the cup.
I was shocked when the Oilers announced they were going to be coming into this season with Skinner as a starter again after what happened in last years playoffs and even more amazed when they didn’t get insurance at the deadline. That should be a fireable offence for a GM regardless of how far they go if they lose in these playoffs. They have the team this year outside of goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad