HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
When Evan Bouchard is up for a new contract he should demand being paid more than Darnell Nurse.

He should easily get more than Nurse.

Werenski is making $9.58m.
McAvoy: $9.5m
Dahlin: $11m

He can easily argue for Dahlin's hit, but he definitely has an argument to make more than Werenski.

My guess is $10m-$11m for Bouchard. He has one year left on a really amazing deal for Oilers, 2 x $3.9m.

Problem for Oilers is they have Draisaitl coming up for a contract, too. He has one year left on his contract. McDavid 2 years.

They'll need to find a way to move Nurse. Even with a rising cap, I don't see how they can fit all of McDavid's, Draisaitl's and Bouchard's new contract with Nurse's $9.25m. Nurse has 6 years left. Lol

Reactions: Tyson and red devil

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
He should easily get more than Nurse.

Werenski is making $9.58m.
McAvoy: $9.5m
Dahlin: $11m

He can easily argue for Dahlin's hit, but he definitely has an argument to make more than Werenski.

My guess is $10m-$11m for Bouchard. He has one year left on a really amazing deal for Oilers, 2 x $3.9m.

Problem for Oilers is they have Draisaitl coming up for a contract, too. He has one year left on his contract. McDavid 2 years.

They'll need to find a way to move Nurse. Even with a rising cap, I don't see how they can fit all of McDavid's, Draisaitl's and Bouchard's new contract with Nurse's $9.25m. Nurse has 6 years left. Lol
They will probably buyout Campbell next year where they can save almost $3 million for that season. The Oilers most likely need to win the cup this year or next year because then after that it may become very difficult depending on the decisions of Draisaitl, Bouchard and McDavid

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
They will probably buyout Campbell next year where they can save almost $3 million for that season. The Oilers most likely need to win the cup this year or next year because then after that it may become very difficult depending on the decisions of Draisaitl, Bouchard and McDavid

Yeah, I'm not sure what they'll do with Campbell. Oilers fans want to buy him out this year.

They're already setup to have $5.4m in dead cap next season. You can add Campbell's buried cap hit to that $3.85m or his buyout, which is $1.1m. The buyout this year is probably the better choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad