HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
This is still the highlight of DeBoer's coaching career until now :sarcasm:

coach_1_medium.jpg

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
To be fair, the Stars had the most difficult path to the cup. The last two champions and the Oilers with some of the best players in the world. They were just spent.
There’s no excuse not to crash the net w the season one the line or go O for on the PP the entire series - they play perimeter hockey.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It seems kind of bullshit that Oilers won with only 10 shots, but Dallas really lacked an inside game. Far too many perimeter shots and not enough from the tough areas. Stars were too soft, and lacked speed.

Florida vs Edmonton should be a good series.

It's actually a shock that they beat both the Avs and Knights. Maybe it killed them going through those series. (similar to Vancouver in 2011, they killed themselves beating Chicago, Nashville and San Jose and had no more juice left for the final)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's fitting Edmonton wins the Clarence Campbell trophy after the Habs did it.
The Leafs never had a chance they are in the wrong division. :sarcasm:

Reactions: rahad

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Stars did great with what they had

No 35yo Pavelski, Duchene, Dadonov on the Panthers or softies like EP40.

Oilers are possibly in for a shock.

Yeah - Edm won’t be able to physically intimidate Fla as they did Stars and Panthers are as deep w solid G
Pffft.

You guys were telling me the exact same things about the Stars when Oilers eliminated Vancouver "Dallas can run 4 lines", "Dallas is stronger in nets", etc... see what happened next.

You guys are too quick to write off Edm. On a team where there is McD and Draisatl, plus Bouchard, plus others that get the job done, and that are not afraid of physical play like the Rangers, I don't see that "easy" finals in 5 for Florida at all.

Edmonton will win this.

Jul 6, 2016
Will Corey Perry win a Cup after having tried with three other teams in a recent past ?

Reactions: rahad

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Will Corey Perry win a Cup after having tried with three other teams in a recent past ?
Great question. Losing 3 times in the finals must be hard. Can't imagine losing again....

I wish him good luck. Corey has been a great leader for us.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
f*** that. All teams in the playoffs this season have been trash. There wasn't one single exciting series. The fact that Edm with their pathetic defense and shit goalie are able to make it to the SCF only speak of lack of talent across the NHL. Not watching finals. NHL is garbage.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
So I normally go to Canadian OOT's for schadenfreude after major wins. Nice to see a good chunk of you guys supporting the Oilers. With that said Canucks OOT is a great read right now as is Calgary Puck forum.
For the record I was on the 2021 Habs bandwagon.

Jul 6, 2016
Good to have a Canadian based team in the Finals.

I guess Bettman would had prefered a New-York-Dallas Finals.

JackZap

May 7, 2009
They’ve played a ton against Bennet and Tkachuk. They’ll know what to expect, im not worried (copium).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad