HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebeastoftheeast

Sep 12, 2009
I'm grudgingly hoping for Florida to win the Cup this year...

They win this year whoever they have next year won't be as nearly as hungry and hopefully the wear and tear takes its toll and they fall in the standings and that 2025 pick becomes higher than what you would figure it would be.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Most cup winning teams have great scorers. Not all - but it greatly helps. Pens, Hawks, Lightning… all multi cup winners. Skill matters a lot.

Guys like Marner are an exception. Some skilled guys are better than others but he’s brutal and nobody should extrapolate anything from him and present him as being the rule. He’s the exception in that he’s exceptionally bad.
Is Marner that bad? Hes producing at almost a PPG clip in the playoffs, will play PK as well. I dont watch the Leafs so I wouldnt know.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I'm grudgingly hoping for Florida to win the Cup this year...

They win this year whoever they have next year won't be as nearly as hungry and hopefully the wear and tear takes its toll and they fall in the standings and that 2025 pick becomes higher than what you would figure it would be.
We were hoping for the same last season and looked what happened? They are going to f***ing make finals again. Only Habs got totally broken by going the distance.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Is Marner that bad? Hes producing at almost a PPG clip in the playoffs, will play PK as well. I dont watch the Leafs so I wouldnt know.
He’s bad.

His points come almost entirely early in a series and his goal scoring drops to about half. He’s brutal.

Reactions: Big Lurk

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We were hoping for the same last season and looked what happened? They are going to f***ing make finals again. Only Habs got totally broken by going the distance.
I think most of us were pretty certain that we’d be missing the playoffs again this year.

As for us being the only team that ‘broke’ after making a cup appearance, it’s happened before. And in our case it was really because it was the last season for our HOF goalie retiring after carrying us for a decade.

All in all, it was cool to make it. Once Price went down we got to get rid of MB (Price was the only reason he had a job to begin with) and rebuild. Only thing better at that point would’ve been if we could’ve won before Price retired.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think most of us were pretty certain that we’d be missing the playoffs again this year.

As for us being the only team that ‘broke’ after making a cup appearance, it’s happened before. And in our case it was really because it was the last season for our HOF goalie retiring after carrying us for a decade.

All in all, it was cool to make it. Once Price went down we got to get rid of MB (Price was the only reason he had a job to begin with) and rebuild. Only thing better at that point would’ve been if we could’ve won before Price retired.
No doubt. It’s a real shame price never won the cup.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No doubt. It’s a real shame price never won the cup.
It’s a shame for all of us.

I’m old enough to remember us winning but a lot of people aren’t. I want my kids to be able to see it. That core didn’t need much. We should’ve won one in that span but…

Let’s just hope the new core gets it done.

God help us if the Leafs do it first.

Reactions: The Real Timo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad