HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024 Playoff Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
If Tanev is out for any length of time that could be a series changer. As that would mean the Stars would dress Suter, Petrovic and Lundkvist as their bottom 3 defensemen.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
If Tanev is out for any length of time that could be a series changer. As that would mean the Stars would dress Suter, Petrovic and Lundkvist as their bottom 3 defensemen.
Stars have outscored Edm 12-11 this series… I don’t think anyone predicted it’d be that close given Dal lineup depth coming into this series.

Oilers deserve credit, they’ve bought into the team game & Brown / Janmark have been dynamite on the PK

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
I bet you will.
I hope so.
generational is a big word.... how many of those have there been in the last 20 years?

McDavid
Crosby
Ovechkin

?
Indeed. A MacKinnon calibration wouldn't be a problem either 🙂.
Is Ottinger actually any better than Skinner?

Might depend on your definition of “generational”. I say you already seen one - Yoel.
Generational lack of work ethic for sure. A superstar 10% of the time, bum the other 90%.

Scorey Perry two wins away from going to the Stanley Cup finals 4 out of 5 years.

You get Scorey Perry in your team and you instantly make the Stanley Cup finals.
Problem is you lose the final though.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
As long as he wins two more beforehand :D

Not a fan of the Oilers half-assed team building

I've been following the Oilers since the late 90s. Between them and the Canadiens, I've been blessed with shit shows. I just want McDavid to win a cup. He's put in so much work over the years. Guy sacrifices his body, does everything needed to win. It's a farce that a douche like Eichel won before he did.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Scorey Perry two wins away from going to the Stanley Cup finals 4 out of 5 years.

You get Scorey Perry in your team and you instantly make the Stanley Cup finals.
Keep in mind he has been healthy scratched in 5 of their playoff games and has one point (assist) in 11 games.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Nice win by the Oilers. I'll be honest, I thought they should have gone with Pickard in net and I would have pulled Skinner after the 2 goals. But the coach stuck with him. Good on the coach. Series is tied. Best of 3

Reactions: Paddyjack

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
The last part of that video is the reason why I always put Gretzky as GOAT over Lemieux. Yes, Lemieux was extraordinary, incredibly dangerous as a goal scorer, and his size...woof! But Gretzky was absolutely outstanding as a playmaker and made everyone better around him on the team.

Look at that stats... amazing.

1717072883843.png

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I've been following the Oilers since the late 90s. Between them and the Canadiens, I've been blessed with shit shows. I just want McDavid to win a cup. He's put in so much work over the years. Guy sacrifices his body, does everything needed to win. It's a farce that a douche like Eichel won before he did.

I’m with you. Not a fan of how Edmonton built their team but McDavid and Draisaitl bring it every year and I want to see them win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad