Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Mikey McLeod's heading to Kazakhstan 🤣
:DD

borat.jpg

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Not really "out of town" but whatever...

The CA of HQRM got nuked last Tuesday... And the next logical step would be the SPVM starting a criminal investigation...

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
There are so many fan sites all over the place now, written by anyone trying to make a few bucks out of clickbait headlines, it's infuriating.

In our area, every day I see headlines from "dans les coulisses", "Habsolumentfan", "sac de chips" etc etc etc like: "Here is the confirmation of what we thought about <insert player>!" or "here how this trade for Laine could happen!" followed by a completely useless article on something everyone knew already or don't care about. Special gems to "Mathias Brunet thinks this could happen!" or "Tony Marinaro lose it live over this issue!" or other similar.

Just effing clickbaits
If that is your biggest irritant in life I envy you lol. Who cares?

• Haha
Reactions: Paddyjack

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I won’t. He was easily one of the worst players I’ve ever seen play for the Habs. It was embarrassing watching him play. Absolutely carried in the playoffs by Perry and Armia. But Staal was pathetic minus like two games. In the regular season it was worse.
Yup. Last guy they should have added. Old and known enough the coaches wouldn’t sit him, absolutely unable to play.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
some light summer gossip. Saw Dean Evason at the Westmount Y this morning and congratulated him on the columbus job.
Really nice guy. Lives in Montreal in the offseason and summer. His wife is quebecoise and he loves it here.
I asked how his French was and if he was ever going to coach the habs. Said his mother in law was pushing for it and then proceeded to swear in french :laugh:

i think he was surprised someone recognized him :skeptic:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
some light summer gossip. Saw Dean Evason at the Westmount Y this morning and congratulated him on the columbus job.
Really nice guy. Lives in Montreal in the offseason and summer. His wife is quebecoise and he loves it here.
I asked how his French was and if he was ever going to coach the habs. Said his mother in law was pushing for it and then proceeded to swear in french :laugh:

I ran into Daryl Sutter downtown San Antonio years ago. He was shocked someone recognized him 🤣

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019

Iirc Evasons’ mother is Franco-Manitoban, he’s from Bobby Clarke country (Flin Flon)

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Tavares likely would not have made the 2022 team when he was still hovering around PPG production. Dude is completely washed now. I have reported the TSN personalities pushing this idea to The Hague

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala and Tyson

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My guess is neither of them make it.
Suzuki will get bypassed by the politics of the process.

My initial instinct is that Suzuki won't make it, but I have to do a deeper dive at the candidates particularly at center.

Also, has Suzuki ever played for Canada at the world's? It seems like that provides guys some brownie points which can help if a particular decision really comes down to the margins.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
There’s a zero percent chance of that happening.

Tavares won’t be on the club. I can see Suzuki making it though. He has a good shot at it. He will definitely make it if he plays like he did from February onwards last season.

Yeah. If he plays at that level next season, he's a lock. His package versatility, skill, and attitude is a huge asset to being selected.

I'd be shocked if he's not on the roster if he posts a ppg this year (while being the ever improving 200ft player he's consistently been)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
My initial instinct is that Suzuki won't make it, but I have to do a deeper dive at the candidates particularly at center.

Also, has Suzuki ever played for Canada at the world's? It seems like that provides guys some brownie points which can help if a particular decision really comes down to the margins.
My thinking is Armstrong will push for Robert Thomas over Suzuki. That's what I mean by Politics.
Suzuki may make it as a depth player and start on the wing but that might be a pipe dream.
Suzuki has to kill it this season to get considered IMO.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
What happened to Bob McKenzie when he basically put all over twitter each pick of the top15/20 before they happened that one year?

The league makes money off insiders and acts like this lol.

Gambling has really taken over the league(s).
I'm a few days late here as I've been enjoying the summer weather. The big differences between McKenzie and Marek...

-McKenzie did it from is cottage while drinking margharitas and wasn't part of a broadcast team hosting the draft
-McKenzie wasn't leaking privileged and confidential information that he received as part of his employer's contract with the NHL in hosting the draft. McKenzie was simply tweeting the picks on his own time that someone leaked to him.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My thinking is Armstrong will push for Robert Thomas over Suzuki. That's what I mean by Politics.
Suzuki may make it as a depth player and start on the wing but that might be a pipe dream.
Suzuki has to kill it this season to get considered IMO.

Just took a look at a random projected roster. Is it just me, or does Canada's roster seem weak compared to what we are used to?

Now that I see the roster, I agree Suzuki should be in the mix, but its probably out of a pretty large pool, and yeah, you make a good point about the political of it.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3