HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
Ottawa is going backward in their rebuild it seems.

They basically shot themselves in the foot by trading prime assets for bags of pucks (see the DeBrincat and Chychrun trades). Factor in some poor drafting (Tyler Boucher) and a ticking bomb in the form of a lost 1st rounder, they are now stuck in the no man's land. I won't be surprised if Tkachuk forces his way out soon.​

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Can't believe a junior GM being aided by one of the dumbest color commentators I've ever had to listen to is doing a terrible job.
*Surprised Pikachu!*

But toward the end of last season (from deadline to near the end), they seemed to want to go back into a rebuild because the locker room was just a shit-show and there was talk of trading Brady T.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Anyone has any idea why Detroit is trying to horde all the goalies?

They have 7 now...

NHL contracts:
- Hossa
- Talbot
- Campbell
- Lyon

On ELC:
- Cossa
- Gylander
- Gage Alexander is the newest acquisition

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Yzerman can't help but overpay for middling UFAs. It's like a sickness with him.

Isn’t the direction of the team dictated by ownership? Looks like they just got bored of rebuilding before it was done, just like Ottawa did. Imagine rebuilding and settling for a mid team. Reminds me of the Habs (pre-Hugo era)…

Ottawa is going backward in their rebuild it seems.
Doesn’t look like Andlauer has learned anything from his 15 years in Montreal. Mediocre management, mediocre teams. Or maybe he did learn that he made a lot of money with that strategy and doesn’t care about winning.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Isn’t the direction of the team dictated by ownership? Looks like they just got bored of rebuilding before it was done, just like Ottawa did. Imagine rebuilding and settling for a mid team. Reminds me of the Habs (pre-Hugo era)…
Their current line-up has 4 draftee and 3 traded players, everyone else was signed as a UFA. It suggest they failed at drafting or couldn't retain their draftees or traded them (see Bertuzzi/Hronek). Management is probably tired of being at the bottom (it's been 8 years).

It's a vet patch-work line-up meant to squeeze into the playoffs. I don't expect "growth" from them.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
Can't believe a junior GM being aided by one of the dumbest color commentators I've ever had to listen to is doing a terrible job.
This is why I'm so impressed by the HuGo pair... i love how cool headed Hugues is, how much he understand the path to a proper rebuild and sticks to it.

We could've had Bergevin v2, instead we got the real deal, afaik one of the best GM of the league. We got lucky guys...

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Let's not be stingy, they would probably want Gallagher to replace his leadership too

file (2).png
You're pushing it now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad