Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

LMAO I was down at $30 cdn.

1000005574.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You mention Terevainen/Bertuzzi but they wouldn't sign here to play bottom 6. I agree we should have signed a 4th liner, but that's not going to make or break between being a bottom 2 team according to you and sizeable progression.

He's going to Laval.

It's funny having a whole two seasons of people saying we are playing way above our weight class and keeping so many games close which will cost the tank, but now all of a sudden we are guaranteed to get pumped every game with the same team. The bump from a bottom 5 team to a team competing for the wild card will come from natural progression from our young top guys, not by adding bottom 6 forwards.
The bump will be because the top six were able to spend more time trying to score than trying not to get scored on.
It's pretty basic when you break it down.
That means less shifts starting where our bottom left us namely our own zone.
That is why we need upgrades to our bottom sooner than later.
We are a bottom five team for the simple reason that we expend most our energy hanging on.
That is why people say we are playing above our weight class.
It could be a whole heck of a lot worse if our top guys weren't continually pushing all the time.
I certainly hope we are able to find a way to give them a crumb or two before the puck drops on the 24/25 season.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Some of their moves make little or no sense. Is there a culture problem in that room and they are moving out bad apples. Even the Chychrun trade. you get a 3rd round pick and a D-man in Jensen who will be 34 in September who makes almost as much as Chychrun. Seems like their had to be a better offer out there for Chychrun if he waited until after July to a team that missed out on the UFA targets.
They are going to have to look much higher up the roster to change the culture.
I'm certain Buffalo is hoping by getting rid of their long time leaders like Okposo and Skinner it will help change the air.
They might be right Winnipeg did fairly well once they turfed Wheeler.
Want to take up space in the room then you'd better take up even more on the ice.

Reactions: CDN24

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Some of their moves make little or no sense. Is there a culture problem in that room and they are moving out bad apples. Even the Chychrun trade. you get a 3rd round pick and a D-man in Jensen who will be 34 in September who makes almost as much as Chychrun. Seems like their had to be a better offer out there for Chychrun if he waited until after July to a team that missed out on the UFA targets.

Aparantly Steve Staios got embarrassed at the draft. Dude told several GMs that he had an offer of a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Chychrun but that it would take more than that for him to trade him. Nobody bit and he was stuck with him and got nothing in return. This was reported by Dreger. But is it me or you cannot just blantly lie like that to other GMs? :laugh: New Sens the same as the old Sens.

Also To think they gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for him is insane.

Last edited:

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The jets have had some success in retaining players who have roots to the team. Guys like schiefele, and hellebyuck... or Evander Kane before things went sour.

But in terms of external free agents, it's almost as if there's no point in trying. The only "big deal" player I can recall the jets signing externally was Olli jokinen, but even he was declining at the time and I only include him because his name had some brand power.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
The jets have had some success in retaining players who have roots to the team. Guys like schiefele, and hellebyuck... or Evander Kane before things went sour.

But in terms of external free agents, it's almost as if there's no point in trying. The only "big deal" player I can recall the jets signing externally was Olli jokinen, but even he was declining at the time and I only include him because his name had some brand power.
Mid-Westerners like playing in Winter-peg due to close proximity to home - on avg 30% of their yearly roster at a minimum come from Mid-West, and that’s a clear org strategy

It’s also why this McGroarty situation was unnecessary & self inflicted by the Jets org - a Nebraska kid who only wanted what top round NCAA picks all get: burn 1st year of ELC

Could’ve been managed so much better by Chevaldayoff…

Last edited:

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
It’s also why this McGroarty situation was unnecessary & self inflicted by the Jets org - a Nebraska kid who only wanted what top round NCAA picks all get: burn 1st year of ELC
The NCAA problem is a big one. I would sooner draft out of China than draft a proud ra-ra American collegiate.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Yeah, but basketball is dull AF. I still don't understand North America's addiction to it and baseball, and the insane TV deals that drive the salaries.
💯 % agree. I haven't watched MLB or the NBA in decades. I use to be a huge fan of Michael, Magic and Bird. I use to watch MLB when the Expos had a team, not since.

Reactions: Walrus26

Leto

The Conciliator
Feb 16, 2023
Urth
Mid-Westerners like playing in Winter-peg due to close proximity to home - on avg 30% of their yearly roster at a minimum come from Mid-West, and that’s a clear org strategy

Could’ve been managed so much better by Chevaldayoff…

The Gauthier situation happened this season and it should have been a remainder for all GMs that you cannot jerk around a blue-chip prospect who has leverage. Cheveldayoff was caught asleep at the wheel.​

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Aparantly Steve Staios got embarrassed at the draft. Dude told several GMs that he had an offer of a 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Chychrun but that it would take more than that for him to trade him. Nobody bit and he was stuck with him and got nothing in return. This was reported by Dreger.

To think they gave two 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder for him is insane.
The 2nd 1st was conditional so ultimately it was a 1st (12th overall), a 2024 2nd, and a 2026 2nd for a 34 year old Nick Jensen, a 2026 3rd and 94 games of Chychrun.

Those 2 acquisitions (Debrincat and Chychrun) were designed to advance the rebuild, instead it set them back probably 3 yrs. The Ullmark one may be no better if he does not extend with them. If you include the net of acquiring and disposing of Debrincat and Chychrun with acquisition of Ullmark as the 1st they used is the one they got back from Det for debrincat.

In
Ullmark,
Jensen,
2026 3rd,
2024 4th (112 OA)
Sebrango (looking like an AHler)

Out
2022 1st (7th OA)
2022 2nd (39 OA)
2023 1st (12 OA)
2024 2nd (49th OA)
2024 3rd (72 OA)