HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
So Ottawa would rather have David Perron's 36 and 37 year old seasons than Mathieu Joseph's 27 and 28 year old seasons, 1.2M cap hit and a 3rd round pick.

Not too sure about this one, but I am only a poster on HFBoards so what do I know?
Some of their moves make little or no sense. Is there a culture problem in that room and they are moving out bad apples. Even the Chychrun trade. you get a 3rd round pick and a D-man in Jensen who will be 34 in September who makes almost as much as Chychrun. Seems like their had to be a better offer out there for Chychrun if he waited until after July to a team that missed out on the UFA targets.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Some of their moves make little or no sense. Is there a culture problem in that room and they are moving out bad apples. Even the Chychrun trade. you get a 3rd round pick and a D-man in Jensen who will be 34 in September who makes almost as much as Chychrun. Seems like their had to be a better offer out there for Chychrun if he waited until after July to a team that missed out on the UFA targets.
Chychrun had a no trade list, Ottawa might have wanted to trade him before they got his new list on July 1st.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Chychrun had a no trade list, Ottawa might have wanted to trade him before they got his new list on July 1st.
Chychrun was good enough to jump right into the NHL but somehow he hasn't been able to put it all together. He is a "meh" type of player.

So Ottawa would rather have David Perron's 36 and 37 year old seasons than Mathieu Joseph's 27 and 28 year old seasons, 1.2M cap hit and a 3rd round pick.

Not too sure about this one, but I am only a poster on HFBoards so what do I know?
You bring up valid points though

Reactions: Shred

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

8 million per season for Buchnevich? Seriously?
The cap space increased, looks like $8m is the price tag for 60-70 pts players now. You can thank PLD for that one I think...

Slaf's contract is going to be a bargain before it even kicks in. He's pretty much priced as a 50-55 pts player on today's market.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

They need good vets in Ottawa, not gonna lie. It's a boys club and Tkachuk isn't a leader at all. They need thay. Giroux wasn't.enough.

Reactions: Kimota

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto

Chychrun asked to be traded. He hasn't been good for Ottawa.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Lundell 6x$5M is pretty nice value for the Panthers. Hilarious to get him for just 180k more than Kotkaniemi. I think he's going to take a big production jump this year as they plan for him to replace Bennett as the 2C as I doubt they're going to extend Bennett. I could actually see us throwing some money & term at Bennett next summer fwiw

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
Lundell 6x$5M is pretty nice value for the Panthers. Hilarious to get him for just 180k more than Kotkaniemi. I think he's going to take a big production jump this year as they plan for him to replace Bennett as the 2C as I doubt they're going to extend Bennett. I could actually see us throwing some money & term at Bennett next summer fwiw
so much for Habs getting him
His name hit the boards of one to target

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
The cap space increased, looks like $8m is the price tag for 60-70 pts players now. You can thank PLD for that one I think...

Slaf's contract is going to be a bargain before it even kicks in. He's pretty much priced as a 50-55 pts player on today's market.
By the time Slaf’s contract is done, he might even be able to afford a house in Canada.

• Haha
Reactions: Dick Duff

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
so much for Habs getting him
His name hit the boards of one to target
Oh I didn't even realize there were any trade rumours about Lundell. I never really considered it as a possibility because he's such an obvious great fit for the Panthers. He's their clear long term 2C behind Barkov and I think it would have taken a huge overpay to get him out of there.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Oh I didn't even realize there were any trade rumours about Lundell. I never really considered it as a possibility because he's such an obvious great fit for the Panthers. He's their clear long term 2C behind Barkov and I think it would have taken a huge overpay to get him out of there.
There weren’t… it was fantasy rumors by posters, as if Fla was ever going to trade the player they call “little Barkov”

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
20240703_135822.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad