HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Stamkos and Kane will look for contenders or at the very least bubble teams not a rebuilding team like MTL.

Reporters really have no shame with their click bait garbage.

Sevaralli 🤡

Yes, Stamkos and Kane will be looking for contenders, but in Kane case it's 35+ contract and it's very possible he won't be able to find a contender with the cap flexibility to sign him in July, that's where a team like MTL come into play because a deal with the Habs would come with a handshake agreement that he will be moved to *where he want to go* if the Habs are not in the mix for the playoffs.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Lol that would be a double smack in the face to Stamkos. First that crazy offer, then they clear a ton of cap space. To try and sign Guentzel.

Tampa’s believed priority target is Jake Guentzel, coming off a 30-goal season in Pittsburgh and Carolina.

We don't need Kane or Stamkos, they are on the wrong side of their careers and why would they be interested in coming to a rebuilding team in the first place? A contender with cap space will be the destination.
Which contender has upwards of $7M+ cap space to sign them?

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
I'm not sure but I have a hard time seeing either ending up with a bottom 10 team unless it's strictly about the money for both of them.
Or $ + close relationship w his mentor

BTW - had just Dach remained healthy this past season, Habs would’ve been in the hunt for a final wildcard spot, and looking at a teens pick vs Demigod….

Unless there’s major injuries to core players, they’ll be in the hunt for a playoff spot especially w PP likely to be top-10 league wide w Hutson QBing it and organic growth of young players

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I'm not sure but I have a hard time seeing either ending up with a bottom 10 team unless it's strictly about the money for both of them.
If none of the teams they would be interested in wants them they can always sign with a non contender with the agreement they would be traded if the team is out of contention.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
8vfep2.jpg

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
We don't need Kane or Stamkos, they are on the wrong side of their careers and why would they be interested in coming to a rebuilding team in the first place? A contender with cap space will be the destination.
Dunno. I depends when Demidov comes. A vets with winning experience like Kane or Stamkos on a 2 years contract would be nice to complete the top 6 but i doubt the ones we would want will sign here for 2 years. Wont happen imo. What we don't need imo is someone like Monahan. I know lot of fans love him and i like him too but he's often injured and doesn't have much winning experience in career.

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Last time he was UFA, Stamkos did meet with the Habs before ultimately signing back with Tampa.

I feel like the Habs are in a better spot at this point and Stamkos can still receive a nice cheque while being a mentor, so that might entice him a bit.

End of the day that probably doesn't entice him enough.

He, or Kane with Dach would be great to give the team another threat and for the players to learn from those studs that won the Cup multiple times.

Reactions: DAChampion and LaP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad