HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
That's because there is no signing. It's a rumor from Mirtle. Leafs are interested. Roy would be the perfect RD for Rielly.

They have $18m, so they would have $12m to sign 2 more D, a backup goalie and probably at least one forward.
Going into the year with Reilly-Roy as your top pairing would be depressing. I'm actually starting to feel bad for Toronto fans at this point, it's like the futility of the Price years where the goal just seemed to be getting some playoff game revenue.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Laine can still develop many aspects of his game and has 50 goals, PPG as realistic outcomes in the near future. Only question marks are how interested he is to grow his game and be a hockey player and whether his off-ice issues are solvable. His contract is short in any case, which makes him ideal for Habs who aren’t contending now.
Skinner is a known quantity and declining as we speak. No interest at all there though he is the type of Hoffman-like player tanking teams like showcasing on their first line as he will pick up points while ensuring their team never wins.
My question is does Laine even like playing hockey?

• Wow
Reactions: Shred

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Going into the year with Reilly-Roy as your top pairing would be depressing. I'm actually starting to feel bad for Toronto fans at this point, it's like the futility of the Price years where the goal just seemed to be getting some playoff game revenue.
Even during our lean years, we'd sometimes manage to win a playoff round or two. Truly remarkable that the Leafs have won only one playoff series in 20 years.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
1719426681336.png

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Even during our lean years, we'd sometimes manage to win a playoff round or two. Truly remarkable that the Leafs have won only one playoff series in 20 years.
The problem started when they tried to vault themselves to the top by signing Johnny Pajamas.
They weren't prepared to take a more balanced approach and perhaps a slightly longer approach.
They certainly got there quick and they exited just as quick.
A great lesson to be learned.

Reactions: Schooner Guy

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Not much action or even rumours in this thread today like I thought there would be. Must be because board of governors meeting is happening right now. Maybe tonight!

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Not much action or even rumours in this thread today like I thought there would be. Must be because board of governors meeting is happening right now. Maybe tonight!
I’m sure ESPN has let NHL know they want this draft to be a super spectacle at The Sphere as such to keep all the “drama” starting late Friday afternoon (rush hour drive home) leading up to “draft time on ESPN”..

1719430862283.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad