HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Holy shit...

36 for pop and popcorn.

Thats about a 35 dollar markup. :laugh:
Dunno hot dog and beer for 20 is not terrible. A MacDonald trio is now 15 bucks and they substitute beef by cardboard.

I think had the oilers won this spring the chances of one or both of McDrai leaving would have been higher. As it stands right now Leons best chance of winning is staying in Edmonton.
At likely 28.5 millions for McJesus and Draisaitl the GM will have to be very creative though. He will have to find a taker for Nurse for it to work i think.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Dunno hot dog and beer for 20 is not terrible. A MacDonald trio is now 15 bucks and they substitute beef by cardboard.

At likely 28.5 millions for McJesus and Draisaitl the GM will have to be very creative though. He will have to find a taker for Nurse for it to work i think.
I think the Oilers have this year and next really
2027 Ekholm will be 37, and they'll have McDavids bloated contract to deal with.

But as an Oiler fan, I'm happy that we're keeping talent in the city. Lord knows the team wont be good for 30 years after these two retire.

Reactions: DavePeak and Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think the Oilers have this year and next really
2027 Ekholm will be 37, and they'll have McDavids bloated contract to deal with.

But as an Oiler fan, I'm happy that we're keeping talent in the city. Lord knows the team wont be good for 30 years after these two retire.
As a Habs fan who loves watching the Oilers play I am ecstatic that Draisaitl has signed for 8 more years.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Drai signed long-term because he knows that McDavid is staying. It's great for Canadian franchises to have those two remaining in Edmonton. It shows that mega stars are willing to stay.
European stars will always be willing to stay. They don't pay full taxes if they live in Europe during the summer and lot of them probably would rather play in a hockey market. We never had problem retaining our European players outside of Radulov but i think people overestimate the offer MB made to Radulov. His take it or leave it offer was probably a "gotta learn riiiiispek" offer.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Drai signed long-term because he knows that McDavid is staying. It's great for Canadian franchises to have those two remaining in Edmonton. It shows that mega stars are willing to stay.
Hmmm
I suppose that could be true..

I'm still not gonna start celebrating yet tho lol, it just cannot be let into existence

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
14 million... wow.

No choice though. And Drai's actually worth it. Moreover, signing him probably means McDavid as well.
Five 100 points seasons. Will probably had 1 or 2 before slowing down. How many players in NHL history had 6+?

Hmmm

I'm still not gonna start celebrating yet tho lol, it just cannot be let into existence
I will be shocked if McDavid leaves Edmonton unless they win the cup this year. He strikes me as someone who doesn't want to leave some business unfinished.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Hmmm

It seems from the outside that McDavid and Draisaitl are great friends and from that I concluded that Drai signed because he knows that MCD is also staying.

Reactions: Redux91

GrandBison

Jul 1, 2019
Five 100 points seasons. Will probably had 1 or 2 before slowing down. How many players in NHL history had 6+?

I will be shocked if McDavid leaves Edmonton unless they win the cup this year. He strikes me as someone who doesn't want to leave some business unfinished.
I think if they win, he'll try to repeat. What will be interesting is not the money they spend on McDrai, it's how they will find a way to surround them with quality and not overpay for players like Bouchard, who's benefiting playing with them.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I think if they win, he'll try to repeat. What will be interesting is not the money they spend on McDrai, it's how they will find a way to surround them with quality and not overpay for players like Bouchard, who's benefiting playing with them.
They'll have to be creative and not focus too much on vets. There's always diamond in the rough you can find who will be cheap for a 3-5 years and who will do just fine with McJesus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad