HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Trading Dvorak/Armia/Savard would depend on whether the players in Laval are ready to move up. They won't trade Dvorak for a 3rd round pick, for example, if that means calling up Beck when he's not ready.
Exactly the kids have to come in with the understanding that they have to displace a veteran to graduate.
The club is on record saying they won't hold back a kid who earns it and rightly so.
This goes for any and every position.
Anyone claiming Beck can't play 4th line minutes and progress is flat out wrong.
We started both Suzuki and Danault on that fourth line when we felt they were ready.
The last thing I would worry about is getting Owen Beck enough ice time his game will demand at least 12 minutes to start.
Dvorak's worth becomes meaningless if he's holding back a prospect.
I for one don't believe we are playoff bound so adding a kid or two is exactly what I want to see.
One it would mean they are ready and two it will give them invaluable experience going into next year when it starts in earnest.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Trading Dvorak/Armia/Savard would depend on whether the players in Laval are ready to move up. They won't trade Dvorak for a 3rd round pick, for example, if that means calling up Beck when he's not ready.
Still don’t understand how some people don’t understand veterans are an integral part in your line up during a rebuild. The vets we have now are worth more to the team just being here right now then they are in a trade. When the kids are 100% ready, we can explore trade options. The value they bring isn’t what they’ll bring back in a trade right now, it’s in the time they buy the guys in Laval or on the team not ready to carry the extra minutes.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Still don’t understand how some people don’t understand veterans are an integral part in your line up during a rebuild. The vets we have now are worth more to the team just being here right now then they are in a trade. When the kids are 100% ready, we can explore trade options. The value they bring isn’t what they’ll bring back in a trade right now, it’s in the time they buy the guys in Laval or on the team not ready to carry the extra minutes.
The veterans haven't blocked young players because except for Roy no one else has been ready and I don't expect it to change this training camp. The tricky bit is if the young players aren't ready at the trade deadline.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
I guess Edmonton better win the cup this coming season or they won't have the cap space to ice a team after that...

Almost $52m for 9 players for the 2025-2026 season when this extension kicks in and McDavid/Draisailt are $26m of that. o_O

Bouchard haven't been extended yet either.
Hello Toronto 😙

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Too many vets doing too little is never good no matter what.

Reactions: morhilane and LaP

bonneaug

Aug 2, 2017
It's obvious that contract will be an anchor for the last two years, but you gotta accept that to hold onto your stars

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad