HF Habs: Out Of Town Thread: 2024 Off-Season edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Talking hockey and debating Michkov vs Demidov or who will be our top 6 seems so trivial today. The only thing that should matter, is that two young men lost their lives in a tragic, heartbreaking collision.

Yeah, I’m a little bummed out today. Just so tragic and honestly, if it happened as described/speculated, it’s incredibly scary because while there isn’t always a loss of life, this sort of thing happens every minute of the day somewhere.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
Bad news that keeps getting worse as you read through…

One would hope with a name like Johnny Hockey you’d at least be immortal.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Folks,

We’ve got a thread on Gaudreau here. Please put your thoughts there and we’ll keep this for other comings and goings around the league.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Circumstances irrelevant, Columbus are going to be able to rebuild properly and get out of the forced early exit Jarmo started after losing 18+ mil in cap. Moneyhands is now their highest paid forward.

I'm sure they'll just make crappy decisions again though because that's the entire history of the Columbus Blue jackets.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Curious to see how much money got deferred to the 9th year and how it reshape the contract AAV.
I believe the Coyotes did something similar with the Doan contract. I think ultimately the Canes save 400k cap hit per year if this gets allowed. My question is to what extent can this be done? I don't even think being able to defer to an extra year that doesn't count against the cap should be allowed.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
lol deferred money that affects AAV. Great work NHL, clown league. Here’s the loophole Oilers were waiting for!

And every team will now use that to lower AAA artificially. Great stuff.
How have the Leafs never done this deferred money thing yet since they currently have the almighty cap genius guru Brandon Pridham working in their front office. :sarcasm:

So many in the Leafs fanbase pump this guys tires as if he's some cap genius just because he helped write the CBA. So what? Just because you helped write a document doesn't mean others don't also know that same document completely inside and out.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
lol deferred money that affects AAV. Great work NHL, clown league. Here’s the loophole Oilers were waiting for!

And every team will now use that to lower AAA artificially. Great stuff.

Actually, I'm not sure if in this case the main intent is to lower the AAV or dollars spent (Cash flow management) or both. Capfriendly is gone and so are gone the lightning fast update on contract structure and details. We'll see in a few days I guess.

Reactions: Gustave

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Actually, I'm not sure if in this case the main intent is to lower the AAV or dollars spent (Cash flow management) or both. Capfriendly is gone and so are gone the lightning fast update on contract structure and details. We'll see in a few days I guess.
As only 8 years are allowed pretty sure that 9th year is some kind of lockout protection, so that the player does not have to starve when the current CBA is up in 2026(?).

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
As only 8 years are allowed pretty sure that 9th year is some kind of lockout protection, so that the player does not have to starve when the current CBA is up in 2026(?).

Signing bonuses are already lockout proof, from the agents/players side of things it wouldn't make sense to jump through that hoop. That would make sense from a team perspective, taking the signing bonus due for the 2026-27 season and deferring it to 2032, so to no risk paying hard cash during a lockout (and a season with a lot of revenue losses.) but Jarvis would need to be really really nice to accept that kind of deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad