PTO: [EDM] Mike Hoffman and Travis Dermott sign PTOs with the Oilers; 6 others invited to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Really liked Hoffman but this is 5 years to late, tbh he hasnt really been the same since the locker room drana with Karlsson, on a side not nether has Karlsson tho.
I don't know Hoffman had his best years after he left Ottawa.

Now he's just one of those guys that is close to 35 and playing a limited role compared to what he once was.

Don't expect much out of the guy at this point, but worth a shot.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Damn, I hope you match that energy with the stupid-ass offers floated by the Oilers faithful, but I somehow doubt it.
Like what?

Oilers fans are VERY rarely looking at Montreal's available pieces and going "damn, I need me some David Savard and Cayden Primeau". Far more often is "Edmonton really needs David Savard, we'll take a first for him"

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Like what?

Oilers fans are VERY rarely looking at Montreal's available pieces and going "damn, I need me some David Savard and Cayden Primeau". Far more often is "Edmonton really needs David Savard, we'll take a first for him".

We've both been on these boards for over 15 years, please don't pretend that you're memory is limited to the last 3-5, or that my comment was limited to stupid-ass offers for Canadiens players.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We've both been on these boards for over 15 years, please don't pretend that you're memory is limited to the last 3-5, or that my comment was limited to stupid-ass offers for Canadiens players.
Yes, we have, and I can confidently say that In my 15 plus years on this board, the fanbase with the consistently most lopsided offers in favour of their team are Habs fans. Even Leafs fans don't come close.

There's a reason that Ryder Halak and a 2nd is the most well known meme in this place.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Looking at cap

Oilers already have 13 forwards signed (this includes LTIR Kane who is going for surgery as of today)

Then in the non roster we have Savoie. Caggiula, Petrov and Lavoie. Caggiula have a good 4th line game and can be healthy scratched as he's older. Savoie with some potential to be a good NHLer.

My point - Hoffman is in deep waters here.

Reactions: PuckG

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Yes, we have, and I can confidently say that In my 15 plus years on this board, the fanbase with the consistently most lopsided offers in favour of their team are Habs fans. Even Leafs fans don't come close.

There's a reason that Ryder Halak and a 2nd is the most well known meme in this place.

No shit, no team with a massive fanbase over the last 15 years has had less high end talent while avoiding a rebuild.

I have no interest in defending bad trade proposals, stop letting them affect you to the point you're bitching about it in a PTO thread about Mike ****ing Hoffmann.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA

Travis Dermott - (free agent)
Mike Hoffman - (free agent)
Ethan de Jong - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)
Seth Griffith - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)
Cam Wright - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)
Connor Corcoran - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)
Alex Kannok-Leipert - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)
Brett Brochu - (signed with AHL Bakersfield)

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
No shit, no team with a massive fanbase over the last 15 years has had less high end talent while avoiding a rebuild.

I have no interest in defending bad trade proposals, stop letting them affect you to the point you're bitching about it in a PTO thread about Mike ****ing Hoffmann.
It has nothing to do with lack of high end talent and everything to do with entitlement.

man, simmer down. Go touch grass and trying to police people talking about Mike Hoffman in a Mike Hoffman thread :laugh:

Last edited:

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I couldn’t tell you. I just know that this isn’t the guy that’s going to get the Oilers over the hump. The extra offence was already acquired in Arvidsson and Skinner.

No one is expecting him to win the Conn Smythe lmao, talk about a strawman. What he is- if he's even signed- is a warm body for the third line who can be the shooter on PP2 until Kane returns from surgery. That is basically his entire game today so it's a good fit if things go well in camp.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Looking at cap

Oilers already have 13 forwards signed (this includes LTIR Kane who is going for surgery as of today)

Then in the non roster we have Savoie. Caggiula, Petrov and Lavoie. Caggiula have a good 4th line game and can be healthy scratched as he's older. Savoie with some potential to be a good NHLer.

My point - Hoffman is in deep waters here.
his purpose to fill out rosters for pre season games and provide competition for bottom 6 forwards. I highly doubt he gets a contract after camp with the Oilers.

I couldn’t tell you. I just know that this isn’t the guy that’s going to get the Oilers over the hump. The extra offence was already acquired in Arvidsson and Skinner.
No PTO is meant to get anyone over any hump. If the organization thought the player would they would offer the player a contract, not a PTO. A PTO is a camp invite meant to fill out rosters for preseason games and provide competition at the bottom of the roster. IF Hoffman plays well and shows well, he might get an AHL spot in baker fields or an NHL offer from the oilers or another team.

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
Actually it's 3-0 against LA, just want to make that clear.

You can say that again, Blake and Robitaille are two of the worst executives in the league.

1) 0-3 in your amazing cup runs
2) YES!!! 100% Now imagine if these bonehead execs can land us a McDrai in our draft, they'll quickly go from worst to best! You guys really need to erect statues of Lowe and MacTavish, they truly are unsung heroes

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hoffman in his best days was a very flawed player. His best days were a long time ago. I can't see Edmonton signing this guy to a non PTO contract.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
1) 0-3 in your amazing cup runs

But you don't cheer for "cup runs", you cheer for the Los Angeles Kings. So again, I state: 3-0. I know it burns you so badly that you need to deflect by making this about something else, but them's the facts.

2) YES!!! 100% Now imagine if these bonehead execs can land us a McDrai in our draft, they'll quickly go from worst to best! You guys really need to erect statues of Lowe and MacTavish, they truly are unsung heroes

Uhmmm...

1726684499513.png

Too funny.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Not sure why the Oil seem so focused on getting older softer and slower this offseason.
Funny as that's crossed my mind too. Our youngest roster player may be Bouch and he's called 'old man'.lol

We did lose 2 decent young players in Bro and Hollo. Maybe Savoie cracks the roster (skeptical).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad