PTO: [EDM] Mike Hoffman and Travis Dermott sign PTOs with the Oilers; 6 others invited to camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
I don't see how anyone can seriously hate on a PTO, never mind a guy who would only be looked at for 30ish points if he's even signed. With Kane still hurt and Savoie possibly not ready yet for a full-time job, a vet winger for the third line and PP2 is just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
I don't see how anyone can seriously hate on a PTO, never mind a guy who would only be looked at for 30ish points if he's even signed. With Kane still hurt and Savoie possibly not ready yet for a full-time job, a vet winger for the third line and PP2 is just what the doctor ordered.

Do you think running over the Kings a fourth year in a row will instill them with enough confidence?

oh boy i sure hope not, if that's how you guys measure success no wonder you guys are 0 and 3

better not use the LA Kings as a measuring stick for succcessss! but then again, sure why not :thumbu:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I'd say he has zero chance of making it. But I think he knows that and is hoping to be signed elsewhere in the NHL. I say 50-50 this works out for him in NHL.

We are very thin in prospects and our forwards are pretty much set. So I think it's fine to bring him in the deepen the preseason roster.

VeteranPresence

Aug 13, 2024
oh boy i sure hope not, if that's how you guys measure success no wonder you guys are 0 and 3

Actually it's 3-0 against LA, just want to make that clear.

better not use the LA Kings as a measuring stick for succcessss!

You can say that again, Blake and Robitaille are two of the worst executives in the league.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Really liked Hoffman but this is 5 years to late, tbh he hasnt really been the same since the locker room drana with Karlsson, on a side not nether has Karlsson tho.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Weird PTO, wonder if he thinks he might get to play with McDavid/Drai and boost his preseason production for a signing from another team
its probably because there are veteran minimums needed for preseason games. I don't see where Hoffman fits in on the regular season roster and I highly doubt he makes the team out of camp.

They should be focusing on two-way or physical players. This guy sucks so much.
meh, its a PTO not a contract. In 3 weeks it's over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad