HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

Grate n Colorful Oz

The Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Watching the game as I have breakfast and Matthews has been shit defensively. No idea where Leafs fan get the idea that he's an elite defender.
He lEd iN TAkeAwAYs

I thought McDavid was much better defensively last year and 3rd vote should've went to him. He's really rounded his game. He's positioned well and contrarily to Matthews, is a killer with his first pass. That's why players voted him 2nd best player in his own zone, in a league wide poll, and the category was naturally dominated by dmen. If McDavid snags the puck, it can quickly go at the other end.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He lEd iN TAkeAwAYs

I thought McDavid was much better defensively last year and 3rd vote should've went to him. He's really rounded his game. He's positioned well and contrarily to Matthews, is a killer with his first pass. That's why players voted him 2nd best player in his own zone, in a league wide poll, and the category was naturally dominated by dmen. If McDavid snags the puck, it can quickly go at the other end.

100% agreed.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Sharks have lost 9 to start the season again (happened last year too).
Jets has won 8 to start the season with their new coach.

Both are records (i.e. two consecutive starts with 9 loses and a new coach winning his first 8 games).

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Its crazy how Leafs fans try to pin everything on Marner for 3 years but AM34 is literally a win nothing loser without a heart :(.
Well, Marner lost his stick and was missing in action - again - on a game winning goal. The bigger the moment the more he shrinks from it. If I were a Leaf fan I’d lose my mind with that guy. No heart whatsoever.

And it was awesome watching Matthews screw up that play too. Leafs… man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad