HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: 2024-2025 season

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
The “problem” is that Philly’s guy will likely be better than ours - only time will tell but I think that’s a safe bet - and people aren’t bashing DR - not his fault that HuGo likely screwed up the pick - they’re upset with HuGo . . . everyone makes mistakes . . . but this could be a costly one. Mich and Demi could have been our Connor and Leon, Patrick and Jonathan, Sid and Geno . . . you get the point.
I do get it. Certainly if Reinbacher doesn’t hit as a top-4, it’s going to sting. However, the sting I’m not overly concerned at this time. I’m not blind… if Michkov becomes a superstar, that is also going to sting, but we got to hope our guys like Demidov, Slaf, CC, Hutson, Guhle and so on continue their path and we become legit. I mean, Florida and Vegas didn’t necessarily win with their own versions of Batman and Robin.

Sure, Michkov and Demidov back to back would had been sweet but I don’t think it’s going to be too painful for us provided the team continues to get better and our own potential stars hit.

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
(Mod.)
I never mentioned Reinbacher, I was responding directly to your post asking for a citation. This is also typical of you where you demand facts but can’t provide any yourself. You can’t prove he didn’t snub the Habs.
Of course I have facts on my side:
1. The Habs drafted Reinbacher when Michkov was available.
2. The Habs met with Michkov at least once pre-draft.

There is no need to peddle in conspiracies and cope. Try it, you'll see it feels better.
But since you had to bring up his name, end of the day, whether Michkov forced his way on to Philly or Habs preferred Reinbacher, doesn’t matter because both teams will never reveal it now that they got their players. Hence, the pre-draft reports are all we have.
But it does matter to you guys who have to develop complicated conspiracies to justify something that doesn't need it.

Also, since I know you’re typically set on one train of thought on like every hockey subject, let me close by saying it is PLAUSIBLE that Michkov only wanted to play for Philly (as opposed to MTL and ARI) and Montreal preferred Reinbacher.
It's certainly plausible that a player could prefer to play somewhere but prospects don't have that luxury and cannot choose where or when they're picked. It is a draft, they don't own their own registration rights... It simply does not happen.

YOU develop a complicated conspiracy that has no basis in reality -- the last time this has plausibly happened was Jagr's draft over three decades ago - do you people not ever reflect on how unlikely it is your cockamamie conspiracy could ever be right?

No, I don't think you ever reflect on how strange it is the things you believe.

I don't even think you people believe this, you just want to muddy the waters to cope when you don't even need to do that. Accept the simple facts: The Habs could've drafted Michkov but preferred Reinbacher. If you like how the Habs have been run you wouldn't have ANY problem with this decision, not so soon after the draft anyway.

Summary is simple: Either 1) The Habs preferred Reinbacher to Michkov Or 2) The Habs preferred Michkov but only "settled" for Reinbacher out of desperation. It's incredibly pathetic to believe in the latter condition and shows no faith in Reinbacher.

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I do get it. Certainly if Reinbacher doesn’t hit as a top-4, it’s going to sting. However, the sting I’m not overly concerned at this time. I’m not blind… if Michkov becomes a superstar, that is also going to sting, but we got to hope our guys like Demidov, Slaf, CC, Hutson, Guhle and so on continue their path and we become legit. I mean, Florida and Vegas didn’t necessarily win with their own versions of Batman and Robin.

Sure, Michkov and Demidov back to back would had been sweet but I don’t think it’s going to be too painful for us provided the team continues to get better and our own potential stars hit.
Collosal mistake not taking Michkov. Up there with Roy trade or passing of Mike Bossy. I don't know whatever happened to Hughes there.

You watch Flyer game other night? Can see he rikes skill from 100 miles away. Michkov shot from half board. Not many in NHL has shot like that. Then On disputed goal he was a bulldog. But probably shouldn't have counted

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad