Speculation: Our Next Head Coach(es)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
Our offense was terrible so no to Oates in any way.
Our defense wasnt terrible so Stevens as an assistant is acceptable.

Otherwise someone that brings a breath of fresh air to this putrid franchise

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
The only way Babcock comes here is if we win the McDavid Lottery.

Just say no to Oates. Just look at the difference in Washington. Also don't forget he was a driving force in that 2010-11 disaster here under MacLean.

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
The only way Babcock comes here is if we win the McDavid Lottery.

Just say no to Oates. Just look at the difference in Washington. Also don't forget he was a driving force in that 2010-11 disaster here under MacLean.

I wouldnt bet on that. I dont think getting McDavid will change that.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
if Oates gets the there is no point to even icing a team next year, he sucks

Lou better be gone if that happens

SKNJD9

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
Horacheck has just been fired in Toronto, so he would be available, but I hope Lou doesn't hire him. Looked incompetent there.

Loved how he threw the team under the bus right away after their final game too. He was telling the truth but at the same time it sounded like he went into instant defend himself mode.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Loved how he threw the team under the bus right away after their final game too. He was telling the truth but at the same time it sounded like he went into instant defend himself mode.

Agreed. The Toronto team definitely was terrible and folded like a Dixie Cup under a pickup truck for basically the second half of the season, but still it looked like he jumped into self-preservation mode, not exactly a sign of leadership. Besides, there is the awkward fact that the team's record ended up being considerably worse under him than under Carlyle. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't get what exactly they did to facilitate a tank though, unless the players were in on the take or they fired Carlyle to intentionally lose. It's not like the roster changed that much throughout the year other than the trade with Nashville that did more harm than good for the Preds lol

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I don't get what exactly they did to facilitate a tank though, unless the players were in on the take or they fired Carlyle to intentionally lose. It's not like the roster changed that much throughout the year other than the trade with Nashville that did more harm than good for the Preds lol

Would be the firing of Carlyle and expecting the team to fold like the cheap folding chair they turned into.

Team went from one of the top scoring teams in the league (even when losing) to buffalo bad over night.

Idk either they were in on it or they literally had no pride and just didn't care anymore.

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Would be the firing of Carlyle and expecting the team to fold like the cheap folding chair they turned into.

Team went from one of the top scoring teams in the league (even when losing) to buffalo bad over night.

Idk either they were in on it or they literally had no pride and just didn't care anymore.

That's how I see it. Either basically the entire Toronto organization is intentional losers (tankers for McEichel) or just a bunch of spineless losers who fold up like empty chairs after a concert midway through the season. Neither is particularly flattering.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I don't feel bad for any fired coach. They all make more in 9 months than I will make in my lifetime

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Was Nolan fired? I'm behind on news today.

Don't really blame him for what happened in Buffalo, unless he was part of the tank.

Some people have speculated that he was helping them win more games.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
Nolan wouldn't be the worst move we could make, though i don't think he would be the best either. An actual hydra would give us the most giant reptilian bench in the league if nothing else.

Andre Palot

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
How about Jacques Martin. We all know how much Lou loves bringing in former Habs guys

Also the Sabres did it right. Keep their meh/underperforming coach until the end of the season, then fired him, all the while reeking in the benefits of the tank. Look at them. They are primed to get a generational player for years to come. We won a bunch of meaningless games out of "pride" and wont even get in the top 5 barring a miracle. Say what you want about "losing culture" but I rather have the long term impact player. We could of very well been up a top 3-5 team, with a realistic chance at sniffing at the top 2 if we lost the games we should of lost. Praying for a miracle on draft day.

The only good thing we got out of hydra was the emergence of Larsson.

But there are other coaching names to consider. Ron Wilson, Martin, Torts (LOL), Crawford, Murray...

Last edited:

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Nolan and Murray clearly didn't get along very well, so no surprise Nolan got canned. It was management in Buffalo that was trying to tank, not the coaches or players.

Last edited:

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Ron Wilson, Murray, and Crawford are all wash outs. I have a feeling none of these guys will coach in the NHL again. Didn't think windshield man would either, and I was dead wrong about that one.

I'd have to think that Torts might be sitting for a while too, after his antics last year and Vancouver's state before and after his tenure there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad