Low Effort GDT Ottberia Senators vs Leafs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
The Pacioretty one is the only routine save I can recall, there was a deflection in the high slot, a pp goal off a rebound, and a rush chance with two blocked passes that went right back to the Leafs player opening up a subsequent pass lane.
Anytime a goalie gives up 4 goals in the 3rd period, people are going to be frustrated, to say the least.

I agree, most of the Leafs goals were not easy saves, but at the same time, it would be nice to see our young goalie stand on his head. Sogaard is certainly not guilty of robbing any NHL shooters. Not yet at least.

Reactions: aragorn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The Pacioretty one is the only routine save I can recall, there was a deflection in the high slot, a pp goal off a rebound, and a rush chance with two blocked passes that went right back to the Leafs player opening up a subsequent pass lane.

Absolutely, only Patches 2nd goal was a bad goal against. Not much a goalie could do on the other ones, outside of maybe a great save

Leafs had the much better roster on paper, their guys were probably a bit ashamed to be that dominated in the first half of the game so they tried a bit harder in the second part.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Not that this is any kind of defense of the Korpse, but I remember some double deflection goals last year that were scored on the Korpse that had people howling.

I hope for the best when It comes to Sogaard, but I do wonder if he’s going to be a NHL starter based on what I’ve seen so far. Hopefully Ullmark is going to extend with us.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
To be clear, I thought Sogaard could have been more efficient in his movements in the crease, and maybe if he's seeing the play develop he's in better position to make the save on, for example, the high slot deflection, or he doesn't allow the rebound that gets put in, but I only fully fault him on the Pacioretty one.

Can't be allowing a bad goal every game, that's what the difference between a good goalie and a bad one is

Sensenmann

Mar 15, 2006
Can't really put the blame on them when routine saves were missed.

To be more constructive myself.
Symptomatic for the bad defending the last years are
defenders getting passive after coming to a stop in front of the own net therefore having problems to fight for position
and forwards giving up early on their assignments or just being not smart enough with them.
Both resulting in being beaten to the puck in the most dangerous areas of the ice.
Those things should be easily fixable with good coaching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad