London Knights 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Does he know George Burnett?

Also, you may want to check in on your freind.. he's been dead for 33 years.
Autocorrect but your right, I’m not that smart. we all can’t be the smartest in the room

Mark Hunter has also said that he would not be surprised is he sticks in San Jose NHL or AHL.

Nothing would make me happier.
Hilariously I only statement my opinion on that, I dont think he’s back. He has to prove he can’t stick and he looked strong all year.

The Fagan stuff, that’s what the league thinks

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Many of us thought we knew Mark and Dale Hunter and the Knights, we were so sure not in a million years would they bring in an out of control Ryan Merkley. Well they did, and we loved him, turns out true hockey heads love big challenges. Does George Burnett have a hockey head, I think so and pretty sure he also would appreciate a challenge for his hockey club. Don't know Fagan, he hasn't played a full OHL season yet, but it is clear the Hunter heads like him, or they wouldn't have picked him.

Reactions: tjziel

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Cowan wasn’t really a standout in the first leafs game. He needs to do something big tonight if he wants to stick.

Reactions: dino200022

dino200022

Big year incoming for Brzustewicz!
Not too sure we are going to see a "Big" year from him as he is still somewhat buried behind Bonk and Dicky especially come PP time. But I agree with you, certainly expecting big strides after a full summer following the Knights training regiment. It has done wonders for a lot of others so you have to believe in it. He has the smarts, just needed to get stronger and it looks as if he has done that!

dino200022

Cowan wasn’t really a standout in the first leafs game. He needs to do something big tonight if he wants to stick.
Seeing as he was on the 4th line, I think they wanted to see if he had the ability to carry a line or if he still needed to be brought along by some big boys. He played well for who he played with and did what they were expecting him to do.

With Max Pack on the PTO and expected to sign, and the emergence of 21 year old Grebenkin I fully expect Cowan to be back after he gets a few actual games in.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Not too sure we are going to see a "Big" year from him as he is still somewhat buried behind Bonk and Dicky especially come PP time. But I agree with you, certainly expecting big strides after a full summer following the Knights training regiment. It has done wonders for a lot of others so you have to believe in it. He has the smarts, just needed to get stronger and it looks as if he has done that!
Our top 4 D will be solid! bonk, Dickinson, Woolley and Brzustewicz are all big, good skaters, can play various styles and roles. It’s amazing

Seeing as he was on the 4th line, I think they wanted to see if he had the ability to carry a line or if he still needed to be brought along by some big boys. He played well for who he played with and did what they were expecting him to do.

With Max Pack on the PTO and expected to sign, and the emergence of 21 year old Grebenkin I fully expect Cowan to be back after he gets a few actual games in.
If he can do something with the B lineup tonight he will get a longer look. He got opportunities on JTs line. He didn’t look out of place, but still needs to really provide the Leafs brass something to think about

dino200022

Our top 4 D will be solid! bonk, Dickinson, Woolley and Brzustewicz are all big, good skaters, can play various styles and roles. It’s amazing

Hoping that Dale or Dylan mixes the top 4 up. Would love to see a pairing of Woolley/Bonk and Dicky/Bursty. That kind of makes sure one of Dicky or Bonk are on the ice for 45 minutes of the 60. Would not want them to play together unless needed.

If he can do something with the B lineup tonight he will get a longer look. He got opportunities on JTs line. He didn’t look out of place, but still needs to really provide the Leafs brass something to think about

He will certainly get a longer look, he will be playing 3,4,5 NHL games this year. But Grebenkin can fill the role Cowan was going to play for the Leafs without stunting his growth, and putting the pressure on a 19 year old kid to perform over a full 82. Another year in Junior and at the WJC will do Cowan a world of wonders IMO.

Reactions: LDN

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Hoping that Dale or Dylan mixes the top 4 up. Would love to see a pairing of Woolley/Bonk and Dicky/Bursty. That kind of makes sure one of Dicky or Bonk are on the ice for 45 minutes of the 60. Would not want them to play together unless needed.

He will certainly get a longer look, he will be playing 3,4,5 NHL games this year. But Grebenkin can fill the role Cowan was going to play for the Leafs without stunting his growth, and putting the pressure on a 19 year old kid to perform over a full 82. Another year in Junior and at the WJC will do Cowan a world of wonders IMO.
Agreed they really need to share the wealth a bit. I find Bonk and Dickinson play better when separated. They like being the #1D

Agreed he’s bigger and stronger

dino200022

A guy I think that should have himself a nice year is going to be William Nicholl, from all accounts he has had an outstanding camp in Edmonton and you could see the potential was there last year. Given the chance I do not see why he is not a PPG guy this year or at least close to it.

Reactions: LDN

dino200022

Cut as in he is no longer Jets property, or being sent down to London?

Never mind - Jacob Julien has been reassigned to London.
Yes he is still unsigned, so they have sent him back to London. Kid has only played 1.5 OHL seasons so this is not a shocker to me at all. OA decisions are now tougher.

Looks like it comes down to Leonard or Sim...Based on preseason Wilson starts in Jr. B and Medvedev and Willmore fight for starts. If Medvedev can keep his play up then maybe we hold on to 4 OA's for a bit and see. IN your opinion who is the odd OA at this point?

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Yes he is still unsigned, so they have sent him back to London. Kid has only played 1.5 OHL seasons so this is not a shocker to me at all. OA decisions are now tougher.

Looks like it comes down to Leonard or Sim...Based on preseason Wilson starts in Jr. B and Medvedev and Willmore fight for starts. If Medvedev can keep his play up then maybe we hold on to 4 OA's for a bit and see. IN your opinion who is the odd OA at this point?
Julien is a lock. #1C don’t grow on trees

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Yes I know that, I am asking who people think the odd man out will be. Leonard, Sim or Willlmore...
I think Willmore's play determines Sim's future (as an outsider). Difficult to carry an OA goaltender with in house other OAs (that are good enough for the league) unless he's your #1.

dino200022

I think Willmore's play determines Sim's future (as an outsider). Difficult to carry an OA goaltender with in house other OAs (that are good enough for the league) unless he's your #1.

I would tend to agree, the play of the young Dmen could also determine Leonards future as well. So many show me's and maybe's leads me to believe London will hold on to 4 until they need to make the decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad