Value of: Ottawa Shake up

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
The Senators need a new coach but the core might very well need change as well. too many bffs who don't bring out the best in each other and at this point are probably pissed at each other.

So if the coach is replaced and the team still plays amatuer hockey there will be trades made.

only untouchables would be

Stutzle
Greig
Pinto
Sanderson
Zub

which leaves from the core

Brady
Chabot
Norris
Chychrun
Batherson

team needs are:

heavy top 4 rd
a major shakeup (brady for rantanen type)

Reactions: HockeyWooot

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm thinking Greig might be the piece they move, since Pinto won't be easy to move for a couple of seasons until the whole gambling thing fades away, and they seemed to be somewhat in competition for the same #3C role.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
They would give Pinto and Greig up for peanuts before they consider trading Brady.

Norris and Chabot's cap hits are too high to realistically consider moving either of them even though I'd like to.

Chychrun has been good but stylistically is a poor fit. This was a concern of mine when we got him, but that's not really on him - it's on Dorion.

Batherson is probably the only valuable guy they'd possibly consider moving. He has a really good contract but is awful defensively, and no longer seems to mesh with anyone on the ice in a way that leads to victories.

In a realistic ideal scenario, the Sens would trade Chabot for a similar aged defensive RD. Carlo for example, but I doubt Boston does that as they have McAvoy who's much better than Chabot, and plays the same role.

They could also move Norris to wing (his style would work well there) to be centered by Pinto, and have Greig at 3C where he belongs stylistically.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I'm thinking Greig might be the piece they move, since Pinto won't be easy to move for a couple of seasons until the whole gambling thing fades away, and they seemed to be somewhat in competition for the same #3C role.
I dont think any GM cares about the "gambling thing".

As others have mentioned, the team needs to be evaluated through the lens of a new coaching staff. before any key moves are made

Reactions: TS Quint and Ciao

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Batherson is the guy to deal.

I think you can absolutely get a good return from an offensive needy team. Especially one with an old-school front office that will be enamored by his size and counting stats. The more analytical FO’s will probably be turned off by peeking under the hood too much.

I’d look to deal him regardless of any leadership changes. I don’t think this guy will change his stripes and it’s a chance to change some of the make-up of the team.

Reactions: jjr922

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
In the cap world, coach is the easiest move to make. Try that first and see if a new system can help that goaltending/defense figure things out

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
It sucks because I hate Batherson’s play style and effort level but he’s on a good contract for his offensive production.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The Senators need a new coach but the core might very well need change as well. too many bffs who don't bring out the best in each other and at this point are probably pissed at each other.

So if the coach is replaced and the team still plays amatuer hockey there will be trades made.

Stutzle
Greig
Pinto
Sanderson
Zub

Brady
Chabot
Norris
Chychrun
Batherson

team needs are:

heavy top 4 rd
Posters on the Senators board know all about your disdain and crusade against Tkachuk, but others here may not.

As many others have said, a coaching change is probably the first move that will be made.

This thread should be closed imho.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I haven't thought Josh Norris has acclimated himself well this season. Huge contract, too. I think he would be a piece that could fetch a nice return and open up cap space, too. Replaced by Pinto.

Reactions: PatrickMcC

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Stutzle
Greig
Pinto
Sanderson
Zub

Brady
Chabot
Norris
Chychrun
Batherson

team needs are:

heavy top 4 rd
Must pass on this as written from NYR standpoint b'c interest would be Sanderson, w/Pinto + Grieg as secondary adds.

If OP allows to extend discussion parameters, I'll update
Otherwise, crushed atm, but when I get a chance I'll post a new thread, hopefully by Christmas, revealing basically quality youth for quality youth move.
Also, if it helps, I understand Chych plays either side.
Would be flipping an LD from elsewhere so Chych can do right side as a stopgap til you add a natural righty [shortage of those everywhere].

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Posters on the Senators board know all about your disdain and crusade against Tkachuk, but others here may not.

As many others have said, a coaching change is probably the first move that will be made.

This thread should be closed imho.

Dude it's not just Brady I listed as potential tradebait. Relax.

I love Norris I'd trade him if it makes the the team better, same with Brady.

Re-reading... How the f*** are Grieg and Pinto untouchable and Brady is available? Wut?!

Depth down the center is how you build winners.

Brady would return a bigger package than those two.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Must pass on this as written from NYR standpoint b'c interest would be Sanderson, w/Pinto + Grieg as secondary adds.

If OP allows to extend discussion parameters, I'll update
Otherwise, crushed atm, but when I get a chance I'll post a new thread, hopefully by Christmas, revealing basically quality youth for quality youth move.
Also, if it helps, I understand Chych plays either side.
Would be flipping an LD from elsewhere so Chych can do right side as a stopgap til you add a natural righty [shortage of those everywhere].
Sanderson is the most likely player NOT to be moved, so don't bother coming back with "ideas" and save some time.

Transplanted Caper

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2003
I'd assume the untouchables would be Stutzle, Tkachuk, and Sanderson with a few others on a list of guys you need to be wowed in an offer to move. Batherson is probably the most intriguing piece to move because his cap hit is so decent you're probably getting a really good return and maybe a piece that balances the roster out better. All that being said, not giving the team a chance with a new coach first would be a mistake.

Reactions: WhataKnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad