GDT: Ottawa Senators vs Montreal Canadiens Oct 12 at the Bell Center

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Good oooold Sens sh1tting the bed in a game like this after scrapping out a win against a Team who had no interest in playing any hockey on a season opener lol

Oct 10, 2010
Even in the win vs. FLA they were lucky Sens have had exactly one really good period with the rest being bad or very meh.

With our tough schedule coming up I’m not feeling super optimistic tbh.

We can easily be out of it by November again - Hopeuflly not tho!

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I thought it was a great effort from both teams. You have to hand it to Montreal; Saturday night in their barn, of course they're going to bring their A game. The story was Montembault. He shut us the F down. I was impressed with their whole team.

Some positives: Gregor was excellent on the 2nd line. Thought he complemented Norris and Batherson beautifully. Stutzle and Pinto were also good.

Negatives: Didn't like Chabot's game. He should be better, not sure why he's becoming so average. And didn't like Giroux's game. He wasn't fast enough to get into prime shooting spots.

Reactions: DrEasy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Green is gonna be a dud. You know it, I know it. He was the wrong choice by Dull Steve when you had buys like Bérubé and Julien available
We weren’t getting Berube but I don’t think Green was even a top 10 choice. His one good season in Vancouver was literally him getting bailed out by Demko and Markstrom. He also pretty much destroyed NJ’s defensive analytics when he got promoted there.

I really think his stuff about conditioning and being in shape to start camp got Staios to buy in.

JaredCowen4Norris

Jul 9, 2020
I appreciate they are trying something different, but I'm not a fan of having Tkachuk high slot on the PP. He got fed a few nice pucks but he just does not have the shot to be the guy finishing from there.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Your gimmick died in 2012 bro and you're still running with it. Get a grip buddy.

Wait? That's not actually 2 Chains?

You guys all need to be nicer to each other. We are two games into the season and these threads are cattier than how I'd imagine the Sens wives section is.

By game 53, it's just going to be two dozen people all on each others ignore lists talking to Aragorn, because none of us would block him since he is an institution here.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Some (stupidly) seem to think that I am happy with this. It makes me despise Dorion even more. We should have been competing all these years the Habs were/are rebuilding and now we are facing the humiliation that they make the playoffs and start winning before us. It would be the same thing if it was the Leafs. Habs and Leafs are the Sens "natural" rivals. We need to be better than them and it's not happening. I am about to build myself a Dorion punching bag or a darts target like in movies lol

What? We had better possession at ES but we struggled to create grade A chances. And outside of a good 2nd period, it was an adventure in our zone at times. Overall, we got beat pretty clean.
Dude, its the little brother syndrome and insecurities out in full force on here - they think you/me etc are happy about this because we think MTL is building a better team and they are supposed to be our rivals and have bigger fanbases/markets.

All summer long people had the blinders on and thought Hutson/Caufield etc were hot garbage but they learned today.

Reactions: SENStastic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad