Podcast (Audio) Ottawa Senators podcasts and blogs discussion

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
not a huge fan of yorkie. I think the game is changed a ton since he left

He is better with simmer though. Things are a lot better without Bobby

Also Ian is still the best

Analyst wise Yorkie is the best full time guy in Ottawa and I do t think it’s really clsoe

For your ears and funny bone Simmer is the best

And for the junkies LOSP brings it.

Cheryl Oounder to me is the best league analyst - funny,

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Whatever happened to the big rumour about the entire dev staff being fired? Is that a thing or just egg on media’s face?
I recall Redden and Winchester being gone, but on Dono they weren’t sure.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That’s what was reported, no idea if either was at development camp, wasn’t able to go this year.
Redden & Winchester were not at develoment camp & I heard at camp that both got let go, but have not seen anything official yet. Donovan was there at camp.

Reactions: BigRig4

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Why couldn't Jenik replace Kastelic & play the same role? He's got decent size & seems like he is willing to drop the gloves when needed & hits everything that moves. Hopefully, he makes better decisions with & without the puck. I guess it depends on what the expectations are for a 4th line next season under Green. & player roles.

Last edited:

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Why couldn't Jenik replace Kastelic & play the same role? He's got decent size & seems like he is willing to drop the gloves when needed & hits everything that moves. Hopefully, he makes better decisions with & without the puck.
This guy makes me chuckle. He takes shots at everybody. The screen shot of data that he used was immediatly tossed aside by everybody here too.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
great podcast with Claude Giroux.

I am liking CIH more these days
you can see Simmer and Yorkie just irritate the shit out of the "ever so regimented" Wallace

1721264056324.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: AchtzehnBaby

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
great podcast with Claude Giroux.

I am liking CIH more these days
Unfortunately, we now need to shit on how unprofessional Giroux is, as he joined Chychrun and Korpisalo in daring to highlighting all the distractions in the room when discussing how disappointing last season was, including the change in ownership.

Reactions: PlayOn

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Unfortunately, we now need to shit on how unprofessional Giroux is, as he joined Chychrun and Korpisalo in daring to highlighting all the distractions in the room when discussing how disappointing last season was, including the change in ownership.
Take another listen. I think he was implying that others where using that stuff as excuses. Kind of like "Now nobody has an excuse."

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Take another listen. I think he was implying that others where using that stuff as excuses. Kind of like "Now nobody has an excuse."
Ya, I think that's a very generous interpretation.

He said, "no excuses but we changed coaches, changed gms, changed owners, a lot of things happened a lot of distractions, so uh excited for this year, everything is set in stone. we have some players coming in that are definitely going to help us, all the young players are a year older. No more excuses here we have to start winning some hockey games."

The no more excuses here, we have to start winning hockey games bit is cookie cutter media lines, you here the exact same thing when a team struggles with injuries to key players and comes back. it's not different that Chychrun and Korpisalo saying they personally didn't play up to their own expectations, and know they had to be better. The only difference is Giroux is popular with the fan base, Chychrun and Korpisalo are not, so the lens their comments are viewed through differs.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Ya, I think that's a very generous interpretation.

He said, "no excuses but we changed coaches, changed gms, changed owners, a lot of things happened a lot of distractions, so uh excited for this year, everything is set in stone. we have some players coming in that are definitely going to help us, all the young players are a year older. No more excuses here we have to start winning some hockey games."

The no more excuses here, we have to start winning hockey games bit is cookie cutter media lines, you here the exact same thing when a team struggles with injuries to key players and comes back. it's not different that Chychrun and Korpisalo saying they personally didn't play up to their own expectations, and know they had to be better. The only difference is Giroux is popular with the fan base, Chychrun and Korpisalo are not, so the lens their comments are viewed through differs.
I'll give it another listen

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
The podcast has been great this summer because they’re able to get a bunch of guests. During the season it kind of started dragging because let’s be honest, it’s hard to discuss bad goaltending and defensive lapses 800x without it getting stale. But I’m sure it’s also hard to get anyone to come on, especially when they’re losing, given how busy they are.

Anyway, really good content. Wally also said they’re trying to get Staios on next week I think? That would be great.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
Silversevensens have taken a distinct turn on thier opinions of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad