Podcast (Audio) Ottawa Senators podcasts and blogs discussion

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I think Simmer adds something to the show. I just watched the most recent episode and Simmer made me laugh a few times.

Say what you will about Bobby Ryan, I liked him. He definitely wasn't a great speaker, but I guess it had to do with getting the opinions of a former star NHL player that I liked.

But Simmer is a decent replacement. He's the opposite of Ryan; Ryan wasn't expressive enough and Simmer is too much. He goes on too long with his takes... obviously loves to talk. Wally will hopefully train him to reign it in.

Reactions: Yak and Joeyjoejoe

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I think Simmer adds something to the show. I just watched the most recent episode and Simmer made me laugh a few times.

Say what you will about Bobby Ryan, I liked him. He definitely wasn't a great speaker, but I guess it had to do with getting the opinions of a former star NHL player that I liked.

But Simmer is a decent replacement. He's the opposite of Ryan; Ryan wasn't expressive enough and Simmer is too much. He goes on too long with his takes... obviously loves to talk. Wally will hopefully train him to reign it in.
That show is a tough sell.
Simmer does talk way too much and gets real annoying after a while.
York just has nothing of value to say. He was on 1200 a couple days ago with a hot take….he thinks the sens need to add a right hand shot dman.
And Wally is whatever. Does a good job but needs something to work with.

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
York just has nothing of value to say. He was on 1200 a couple days ago with a hot take….he thinks the sens need to add a right hand shot dman.
He said the same on the show. Brent wants to talk about Tanev. York...Well I can tell you 100% they are going to get a right D. He reminds me of Bruce Garrioch on TSN.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
The problem is York and Simmer keep locking each other in a "Stories bout the old days" death spiral.

When it was Bobby and Brent, they could at least keep York situated in this century, with the occasional anecdote here and there (which is fine). Now Simmer just takes up all the air in the room.

Reactions: BoardsofCanada

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Gameday
Good episode so far although it ends up just being a lot of hockey chit chat. Ie nothing new to learn.

Last edited:

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
I think we're too critical and we just need to let those guys do their show and enjoy it. I mean, simmer is a pretty good personality. He can talk a bit too much he could use to simmer down but realistically Wally is very conservative and you need that balance that simmer brings to the show. I love York but he also has a very super calm demeanor unless simmer brings out his wild side a little bit.

Meth was a great Player. To. Have on but realistically he couldn't stand doing podcasts and you could tell. Bobby Ryan was the same way he was just doing it for. I don't know what reason but he was so disinterested it wasn't even funny. To be honest, the more I learned about his personality, the less I liked him.

I think the good thing about those Three amigos is that they can alternate if they want. If one guy's busy the other guy can fill in. They don't always have to be all three at once, especially if they get a guest or something like that. Simmer has a lot of time on his hands and I think York is probably more busy so I think we could see simmer being around more often. He comes from radio where silence is deafening and he needs to realize that he doesn't always got to be talking so much. He can let the other guy guys talk and do their thing chime in when need be. I'll be honest. He cracks me up sometimes with his humor is just amazing and very weighty and super fast. Wally is so structured That you need those guys to counterbalance him. York is a great older player to have in there but it's been a while and he is connected very well to the team and the city so he has more info sometimes than he lets on. He's smarter than we give him credit for. The problem is I don't think Wally really brings it out of him. I think if you could get another former player in there and rotate the guys around a little bit would be super great.

I can't even listen to the locked on Senator 's podcast. Those two guys literally make me want to stick screwdrivers in my eyes and my ears. I don't know what it is about them but boy I just cannot stand them. I don't think they're bad people or anything but soon as they open their mouths my ears start to bleed. That's my own personal opinion. Maybe they're great but I don't think they hold a candle to the coming in hot podcast at all. Those guys have no business in the business. I understand they're just fans trying to do their best. But wow, I feel like I'm at a used car sales slot when I listen to them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad