Ottawa 67s 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I think it is fair to wonder about that and speculate. We are getting some mixed signals (Perrier #17, Stonehouse being in Ottawa hanging with the team and working out) so hard to tell what the real story is.

Very tough to say but it really is odd that Perrier is wearing #17. It is not like the 67’s are short on sweaters. They have new ones every 3rd game LOL.

It is not like PErrier wouldn’t switch his number. I mean, who cares, right? So, not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, especially when he was supposed to play in tier II this year.

Still a super tough OA market this year. Brantford adding Hamara means Bujold is likely to hit the market. He could be a good target for Kingston to be honest. So many extra guys out there this year. Crazy. No matter which way Ottawa goes, I could see them settle on Mayich plus two guys and then they simply have to waive the other two with nothing in return. It is that type of season. It wouldn’t shock me in the slightest if we ended up with zero return for OA’s. I hope not but it wouldn’t be a shocker.

Reactions: Larionov

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Seeing the Brad Gardiner talk made me wonder - why is it that players always seem to request trades away from Ottawa, and never TO Ottawa? In theory this should be a great destination for junior players - strong ownership, good facilities, great city with an NHL team right here, meaning easy access for scouts to see you in person, two major universities that you can bike to from the arena - it goes on and on. Boyd is a good GM, Cameron is an excellent coach - I am legitimately flummoxed as to why the 67's aren't more of a destination for players. If anyone has theories to offer I would love to hear them...

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Seeing the Brad Gardiner talk made me wonder - why is it that players always seem to request trades away from Ottawa, and never TO Ottawa? In theory this should be a great destination for junior players - strong ownership, good facilities, great city with an NHL team right here, meaning easy access for scouts to see you in person, two major universities that you can bike to from the arena - it goes on and on. Boyd is a good GM, Cameron is an excellent coach - I am legitimately flummoxed as to why the 67's aren't more of a destination for players. If anyone has theories to offer I would love to hear them...
The Gardiner situation was also to do with a family situation involving his Father. He requested a trade home or at least close to home. They were able to work out a deal to his hometown.

Beck was pretty much in need of a change of scenery.

Rohrer, apparently, was more of a personal issue being away from home.

WRT players not wanting to be here, there is no chance that Logan Morrison did not pick his destination, or at least narrow it down to 2 or 3 landing spots. Same with Sam Mayer and Kressler. I am not sure about Maillet and Mintyukov but I am sure they both had a say in where they went as well. Additionally, the Imports want to be here. That can be a difficult road to navigate. So, I don’t think it is all doom and gloom with Ottawa.

I would like to see more players they draft that have NCAA aspirations actually forego that and play in Ottawa. We haven’t had a hard sign player in a long time. We haven’t gotten there yet but I think once we have the new rink/facilities and likely a new coach when DC calls it a career (at 66 years old, that could be soon), I think we could start seeing that more. AND with the new NCAA/CHL agreement on the horizon, we may be able to more easily attract some of those players.

That bryant to Peterborough trade is probably a fairly good indication of what Stonehouse would bring in a trade. (3rd and a 9th)

Bryant was a centre and there are far less of those out there. That trade may actually exceed the Stonehouse deal. We shall see what happens with Bujold. He may be a solid target for the Fronts.

The only thread I am sort of holding on to is the intangibles with Stonehouse. I am not entirely sure those intangibles elevate him or not. I know they don’t’ hurt hum but as a scoring winger, he is going to be in a log jam with a bunch of other players.

If it were a 3rd and 9th for Stonehouse, I think we’d have to look at moving Gerrior or roll the dice with Nelson and let MacK go. Or, they could just do Stonehouse a solid and trade him wherever he wants to go for peanuts.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Rather than wait for Oshawa or Kingston to decide when, iNiagara may have taken what they could get right now to avoid possible distraction as the return from Bryant draws nearer.
Stonehouse could go for a bit more than Bryant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad