Ottawa 67's 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fawlty

Dec 16, 2023
Agree re Mayich's value to the team. He also adds that element of toughness and together with Horner can stick up for his teammates when needed.

Reactions: OMG67

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Looking at the roster, I see us going with only 7 defences, and one of them is a Midget.

Yes I know we have 8 on paper but can only play either Sirman or Mayich

I have to wonder who they will keep of the 2 I agree mayich is the better of the 2 but that also raises the who can we get the most for.

Based on pre-season play do you start Ekberg with Pinelli

Also looking at needs do you trade or waive Gerrior considering the glut of LW that we have to keep the 2 defenceman

Last edited:

Vector Calculus

Sep 20, 2024
Looking at the roster, I see us going with only 7 defences, and one of them is a Midget.

Yes I know we have 8 on paper but can only play either Sirman or Mayich

I have to wonder who they will keep of the 2 I agree mayich is the better of the 2 but that also raises the who can we get the most for.

Based on pre-season play do you start Ekberg with Pinelli

Also looking at needs do you trade or waive Gerrior considering the glut of LW that we have to keep the 2 defenceman
I know this won’t be popular, but I thought Barney was at least…an adventure?

I think Mayich would certainly be the most valuable of the 4 OAs right now, both in terms of trade return and in terms of value on the ice for the 67s. I’m a Gerrior fan and not so high on Sirman but I do wonder how they navigate this particular puzzle.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I know this won’t be popular, but I thought Barney was at least…an adventure?

I think Mayich would certainly be the most valuable of the 4 OAs right now, both in terms of trade return and in terms of value on the ice for the 67s. I’m a Gerrior fan and not so high on Sirman but I do wonder how they navigate this particular puzzle.
I think Mayich will play with Eskawkogan. Marrelli will play with Mews. As a top 4, that isn’t bad.

That leaves Brady and Dietsch. For now, Horner moves back to defence.

The reality is the OA market is saturated. Sirman is not worth anything.

Mayich could be on the move but I honestly feel that is only the case if he requests it. I think they will keep the four guys for now and see what shakes out over the first month. Sirman likely won’t see a lot of time but so be it.

I really like the Mayich-Eshkawkogan pairing. Kohyn is young and a bit on the smaller side so it would be good to have Mayich playing with him as a mentor and protector. I think that will be important for his development. I think Mayich’s value to Ottawa far exceeds what his trade value will be in this OA market. We need a steady calming influence back there and he’s the guy that brings it.

Since the OA market isn’t all that great for value, I really feel it is best to put the best three out there and that will be MacKenzie, Gerrior, and Mayich. If they want to sit MacKenzie out and play Nelson, they can bring up Conway to backup and open a spot up for Sirman once per week or so. No big deal. But, if the market is weak for OA value and Sirman is difficult to impossible to move, they may decide to jsut waive him now. Let him try to get on in the QMJHL or WHL.

Reactions: beastintheeast

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I think Mayich will play with Eskawkogan. Marrelli will play with Mews. As a top 4, that isn’t bad.

That leaves Brady and Dietsch. For now, Horner moves back to defence.

The reality is the OA market is saturated. Sirman is not worth anything.

Mayich could be on the move but I honestly feel that is only the case if he requests it. I think they will keep the four guys for now and see what shakes out over the first month. Sirman likely won’t see a lot of time but so be it.

I really like the Mayich-Eshkawkogan pairing. Kohyn is young and a bit on the smaller side so it would be good to have Mayich playing with him as a mentor and protector. I think that will be important for his development. I think Mayich’s value to Ottawa far exceeds what his trade value will be in this OA market. We need a steady calming influence back there and he’s the guy that brings it.

Since the OA market isn’t all that great for value, I really feel it is best to put the best three out there and that will be MacKenzie, Gerrior, and Mayich. If they want to sit MacKenzie out and play Nelson, they can bring up Conway to backup and open a spot up for Sirman once per week or so. No big deal. But, if the market is weak for OA value and Sirman is difficult to impossible to move, they may decide to jsut waive him now. Let him try to get on in the QMJHL or WHL.
I agree with you but Conway being in Mississauga is a problem for individual games. He needs to concentrate on playing OJHL

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
I agree with you but Conway being in Mississauga is a problem for individual games. He needs to concentrate on playing OJHL
No he does not, getting up to Ottawa being around the team & the atmosphere and watching the pace of play facing the next level of shooters in practice is extremely important for goaltender’s development.

Reactions: OMG67

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
First OHL regular season game tonight! 20 teams will play for the next six months...to eliminate four teams. ;) Oh well - the hockey will still be great. Happy new season to all...

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
No he does not, getting up to Ottawa being around the team & the atmosphere and watching the pace of play facing the next level of shooters in practice is extremely important for goaltender’s development.
Agreed but if the team is here and he isin Mississauga it will be difficult;t

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad