Ottawa 67's 2023-2024 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
A lot of big names changing teams right now. Looks like Barlow is next up!

It seems like GM’s are preferring to unload their selloff players now as opposed to the deadline. It is making me think the GM’s are feeling heat to get something for their graduates because the deadline may shape up to be a buyers market. A lot of teams went on a buying spree last season which usually means they are not in a position to buy again, maybe in position to sell. If that is the case, we’d likely see a lot of teams looking to sell and not a lot of teams looking to buy.

It will be interesting to see how Ottawa works their way through the remainder of the offseason. I still feel like Boyd will play status quo through the deadline. He’ll find spots for the excess OA’s but other than that, i cannot see him making any real moves.

The only rumour out there involves Mews. I haven’t heard anything first hand so I consider that just talk right now but there seems to be some smoke so we’ll see what transpires.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
It is possible that graduating players don’t want to be here for a rebuild year. Boyd is seeing a hot market right now. May be better to strike when hot.

BarberPole9

Nov 3, 2013
Ottawa
Look for Brad Gardiner to be moved. -Another player not wanting to play for Dave Cameron for whatever reason. -He is being shopped around.
Who else wants out? I’d heard on here that they had two deals lined up two months ago and neither has gone through yet.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Who else wants out? I’d heard on here that they had two deals lined up two months ago and neither has gone through yet.
All I'm aware of is Mews and Gardiner.
I think it's starting to set in that it will be a rebuild and most players do not want to go through that so not really too surprising
At least you do have some good players that will restock the cupboards.

Reactions: frontsfan67

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Look for Brad Gardiner to be moved. -Another player not wanting to play for Dave Cameron for whatever reason. -He is being shopped around.
That’s hilarious. I called that a few weeks ago. Didn’t think they’d move him now though- probably more value right now rather than half a season

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Somebody had posted that Mayich/Stonehouse package were on their way out as well.

I think I remember something about Barlas going to Sudbury being talked about. I do remember Mayich and Stonehouse to Brampton but I am not too certain how good that information was. Sova was just traded to Brampton so I cannot see them adding Mayich at this point. Stonehouse is out until December so that is an issue too.

From an Ottawa perspective, if the rumours are true and Ottawa is motivated to find a landing spot for both Gardiner and Mews, that means there is a lot of work to be done in that regard. Those are two pretty key players and you cannot lose either of those trades.

Then you have the excess OA’s. I doubt Michelone plays anywhere as an OA. Smyth likely gets moved for a mid-round pick in an effort to simply find him a place to play and treat him right.

That leaves Mayich, Sirman, Gerrior, MacK, and Stonehouse. Stonehouse can stay rostered since he is injured and they don’t need to rotate OA’s in and out of the lineup. That means one of the other four will need to be moved.

If I have to pull out my crystal ball, I would predict we move Smyth and one of Mayich or Sirman. We likely bring back draft picks. Then if we have to move Mews and Gardiner, we need a player plus picks package. We cannot afford to trade a cetre and a top pairing D-Man and not bring back a centre and a D-Man to replace them. They don’t need to necessarily be the same calibre but they need to be at least capable.

If all that goes down, is this 100% a rebuild season? How do we compete if we lose our #1 D-Man and #1 Centre? That means we shouldn’t even entertain keeping Pinelli. Maybe Foster as well?

A lot of rocks to turn over in Ottawa.

And, if that many players are looking to be moved, how does that reflect on Cameron. He is 66 years old. Does he come back at 67? Do they groom Milley to take over? DO they find another bigger name? I think there is a lot going on behind the scenes. It will be an interesting year off the ice, if not on it.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Plot twist here
Ottawa very much in on the CB trade out of Owensound, have heard that this trade could happen as early as this week but Owensound is taking its time getting exactly what they want. CB has given 6 teams to OS that he would be very interested in joining and Ottawa is one of them,

• Haha
Reactions: MJ5

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Plot twist here
Ottawa very much in on the CB trade out of Owensound, have heard that this trade could happen as early as this week but Owensound is taking its time getting exactly what they want. CB has given 6 teams to OS that he would be very interested in joining and Ottawa is one of them,
Not really sure how that makes sense for either party? Ottawa is retooling this year are they not? Would be weird to be in on Barlow unless it's a more complex deal and they are somehow involved in a three way type deal with Barlow landing elsewhere.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Don’t hold your breath on a re tool in Ottawa. Thats not what JB & DC are here for they think they can win every year and will also push

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Plot twist here
The list was actually 2 teams lol
Barrie and Oshawa.
Ottawa acquiring Barlow doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
Unless they are shipping all their unhappy players that don’t want to be there plus picks for him.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Not really sure how that makes sense for either party? Ottawa is retooling this year are they not? Would be weird to be in on Barlow unless it's a more complex deal and they are somehow involved in a three way type deal with Barlow landing elsewhere.

Ottawa is sitting in between. They could go either way. They do have some draft picks, although they are low in 2026. They have excess OA’s which could help fill in the draft pick gaps.

They have an excess of wingers, especially younger wingers that probably need ice time.

They are pretty high on Nelson. That means they could move MacK and keep the extra OA D-Man which would help their back end.

Ekberg also looks like a solid player. If the rumblings on Mews and Gardiner are bullshit (I haven’t heard anything other than on here from ScoutLife), it could point to Ottawa making a push. Do I think it would be a successful push? No. But, I don’t think it would be any worse than a push by Kingston.

Reactions: Section5Petes

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
The list was actually 2 teams lol
Barrie and Oshawa.
Ottawa acquiring Barlow doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.
Unless they are shipping all their unhappy players that don’t want to be there plus picks for him.
It was 6 teams
London, Barrie,Ottawa, Kingston, Oshawa, Brampton,

In that order

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
It was 6 teams
London, Barrie,Ottawa, Kingston, Oshawa, Brampton,

In that order
Owen sound gm would be crucified for dealing Barlow to London. Don’t think that one happens.

How is Ottawas draft pick situation? Don’t think they’re as set up as some other teams either.

Kingston doesn’t have an 08 so that doesn’t make sense unless it’s pretty much just draft picks.

Oshawa and Brampton make sense but Brampton also doesn’t have their 08, bramptons big 07 is Ivankovic and they already have George so don’t think that happens. if those 2 teams are on the list gotta think they’re going for the most draft picks- which I believe kingston and Brantford are 2 of the higher stocked ones in the league but Brantford isn’t on the list? So confused. This doesn’t seem legit

My guess is barrie or Oshawa. They both have the 08 and enough draft picks and are in the east

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Owen sound gm would be crucified for dealing Barlow to London. Don’t think that one happens.

How is Ottawas draft pick situation? Don’t think they’re as set up as some other teams either.

Kingston doesn’t have an 08 so that doesn’t make sense unless it’s pretty much just draft picks.

Oshawa and Brampton make sense but Brampton also doesn’t have their 08, bramptons big 07 is Ivankovic and they already have George so don’t think that happens. if those 2 teams are on the list gotta think they’re going for the most draft picks- which I believe kingston and Brantford are 2 of the higher stocked ones in the league but Brantford isn’t on the list? So confused. This doesn’t seem legit

My guess is barrie or Oshawa. They both have the 08 and enough draft picks and are in the east

If the ‘08 is the piece that makes most sense, then Ottawa has two of them.

I think the rumblings right now is that OS is not waiting until the deadline. So, the ‘08s are inconsequential.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
If the ‘08 is the piece that makes most sense, then Ottawa has two of them.

I think the rumblings right now is that OS is not waiting until the deadline. So, the ‘08s are inconsequential.
True forgot about that. The 2 08’s makes sense but the landing spot doesn’t. Unless they use 1 of them on Barlow and 1 on another player? Don’t believe your draft pick collection is the greatest and the team needs some work to compete with the big dogs like Brampton

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Weird Kingston just told me this afternoon they were not one of the 2 teams he would agree to a trade too.
Sounds a bit far fetched to me that you just chime in with Barlow to Ottawa an hour or so after I mention he gave 2 teams it becomes 6 lol
You don’t talk to Kingston so your “2 teams” is a load of BS, one more week and you’ll be back to counting shots, back track on all my inside information on these feeds you can ask frequent posters such as omg that I’m likely floating at about 90% on breaking deals before they come out. So just keep it down over there shots will be needed to be counted in about 2 weeks. Also i never said CB is coming to Ottawa I said Ottawa is heavily in on it

Reactions: BarberPole9

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
it’s Barrie

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
Yup, heard the same thing
Thank you for confirming
I think my Ottawa friends think I’m trying to stir up some shit lol.

You don’t talk to Kingston so your “2 teams” is a load of BS, one more week and you’ll be back to counting shots, back track on all my inside information on these feeds you can ask frequent posters such as omg that I’m likely floating at about 90% on breaking deals before they come out. So just keep it down over there shots will be needed to be counted in about 2 weeks. Also i never said CB is coming to Ottawa I said Ottawa is heavily in on it

Okay sounds like you know it all right.
I will go count some shots 😂
Has anything you reported here ever actually come to life? Sounds like you just guess at everything to me.

AGranderson

Nov 20, 2022
Thank you for confirming
I think my Ottawa friends think I’m trying to stir up some shit lol.

Okay sounds like you know it all right.
I will go count some shots 😂
Absolutely I don’t know it all, if you scroll through posts there is one person who always thinks they know it all & one person who is often wrong and unfortunately that is you

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad