Confirmed Trade: [OTT/STL] Zach Sanford for Logan Brown and cond. 2022 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
if ottawa can teach him consistency and how to avoid 20-30 games of brain dead play, they might have a decent third liner on their hands.

That still seems equivalent to what we had the last few years, little downside ;)

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
A few weeks late you're right. Should of skipped the awkward training camp

Because it took them that long to work out the deal? There are a lot of moving parts in a trade, especially when a player is without a contract to start it all off.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
What is very head scratching to me is Ottawa is very low at the Center position, Brown was a 11 overall, put up good AHL stats but was only givin 30NHL game. Makes no sense at all.

It makes sense if you follow the Sens. They didn't like his character of wanting to be handed the role. He showed no fight; no willingness. He definitely has talent, but the drive isn't there. Also, constant injuries set him back and he got even more frustrated.

Reactions: swiftwin

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
What is very head scratching to me is Ottawa is very low at the Center position, Brown was a 11 overall, put up good AHL stats but was only givin 30NHL game. Makes no sense at all.

Dude just does not care enough. All the size and skills in the world to at least make the league but he doesn't want it bad enough.

Sens have a great spot available to claim at C, and he comes to camp for what is arguably his last chance to grab it, and he looks like crap through the first two days. He was traded after a scrimmage game this morning where he looked a step behind everyone else. I guess management finally made their call.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
What a waste of the 11th pick in the draft...

McAvoy went 13th
Chychurn went 16th
Jordan Kyrou, Alex DeBrincat, Samuel Girard, Carter Hart, and Filip Hronek were also available

Ottawa could've grabbed Hart, Girard, or Hronek with their 2nd rd pick as well, instead they selected Jonathan Dahlen

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seems like a pump-and-trade proposition here. Sanford could become an interesting deadline piece if he produces more with increased ice time.

Yeah, as a primary producer, I’d say Sanford could pace 50ish points (and can kill penalties).

Teams will definitely view that as an asset and they’ll gain a nice pick at the deadline

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Logan Browns last shot. For those looking at his AHL stats and wondering why. EVERY time the guy gets called up , he gets injured. Made of glass. Good luck in St.Louis.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Brown was always going to be a project. He's a skill player that needs to play with other skill players to be effective. It makes coming up as a prospect problematic. His history of injuries hasn't helped.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Brown sounds thrilled to be out of Ottawa and in STL.

I do believe St. Louis may be one of the places that may light a fire under his ass and motivate him so I’m interested to see how it works out.

If it doesn’t, then oh well. We tried and got him for a player who was in his last season in STL anyways.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
Bringing Brown into the Blues system might be what he needs. A team with cup aspirations, a hard nosed coach and plenty of 2-way players who play relentless hockey. He could excel here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad