Confirmed Trade: [OTT/STL] Zach Sanford for Logan Brown and cond. 2022 4th

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If that's your best arguement, it's really a stretch to think a blues team that got lucky enough to make the playoffs then ended up winning it with there 1st cup but hasn't done anything spectacular prior to or after . Chicago went to 5 western conference finals and 3 of them moved on to win 3 cups in 7 years . Regular season wins are great but in the end the only true testament is winning the Cup.

You can talk about how good there defense was in the past but it obviously wasn't that great to move them deep into the playoffs or even sniff the stanley cup.

I get it st Louis is your team , but in all honesty st Louis is just a avg team nothing special about the teams skill level in fact the only player who is your superstar tarasenko, the team is looking to move him .

So you decided to make this thread all about cutting down the Blues? Congrats on lowering my opinion of Hawks fans even lower than it already was.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
If that's your best arguement, it's really a stretch to think a blues team that got lucky enough to make the playoffs then ended up winning it with there 1st cup but hasn't done anything spectacular prior to or after . Chicago went to 5 western conference finals and 3 of them moved on to win 3 cups in 7 years . Regular season wins are great but in the end the only true testament is winning the Cup.

You can talk about how good there defense was in the past but it obviously wasn't that great to move them deep into the playoffs or even sniff the stanley cup.

I get it st Louis is your team , but in all honesty st Louis is just a avg team nothing special about the teams skill level in fact the only player who is your superstar tarasenko, the team is looking to move him .
Your argument is that the best regular season team in the West over a decade "got lucky" and was a one-off fluke whose true level was "dead last" in the NHL.

It is so aggressively dishonest that it would be like the Blackhawks doing an internal investigation and determining it was in fact every other organization that enables serial sexual predators.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
O'Reilly is and Pietrangelo was, for years, significantly better than Tarasenko.
Yes, Pietrangelo and O'Reilly were always better than Tarasenko, even in his prime. And to add to that, I'd argue that over the last few years Parayko and Perron have been better players. In terms of forwards, currently, I'd slot O'Reilly, Perron, and Buchnevich easily ahead of Tarasenko barring him bouncing back in a big way.

Tarasenko being considered the star of this team hasn't been accurate since the mid 2010s, and even then, Pietrangelo was STILL better...the league just hadn't realized it yet.

Bluesish

Embrace Mediocracy
Nov 19, 2011
Rust Belt, USA
How is it false exactly? What have the blues done since there lucky season that got them to the Cup?
There not as good as you want to believe they are.

Last 2 cup winners Tampa and they are a dynasty team that has proven themselves.

Sorry blues fans your team isn't a powerhouse legitimate cup contender or a dynasty team.
You can make all the excuses you want but in reality there merely a playoff team.

When your team can reach the western conference finals 5 times in 7 years and win 3 cups then I'll concede the Blues are a legit dynasty/ cup contender
Read your original post and my response. Your response here completely moves the post between the two. I defended that they didn't have just a flukey season, not that they were a dynasty. You remain objectively wrong.

Reactions: LetsGoBLUES91

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
The year st Louis won the cup they were in dead last place in the division and yes they put together a great run to make the playoffs then win the Cup but as far as them being a legitimate powerhouse contender is short of reality.

It's not that hard to make the playoffs especially with the way the nhl changed up its points .
I'm not a tampa fan but I can honestly say they have a ton of skill and are a great team and proven.

You won a up 2 years ago and haven't really progressed as a legitimate cup contender that people can get behind and say st Louis has x y and z talent and is a dangerous team.

I'm a chicago fan and on paper chicago has vastly improved will they win the Cup doubtful but they have the skill and experience that for sure will earn them a playoff spot.

Your narrative makes so much more sense now.

Also, I would be fairly comfortable in saying that the Blues as their roster is constructed are much more of contenders than Chicago is right now.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Reading this ridiculousness this thread has turned into, I'm just glad hockey season starts soon and Chicago and St Louis are back in the same division. I've missed the rivalry games. Who cares what some jr high kid on the internet thinks? We get to see each others' fans real tears in a few weeks.

Reactions: stl76

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Why are my fellow Blues fans even responding to someone looking to troll them. Stick him on ignore and move on.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I'm not a Blues fan but the Blues' fans are right on this one. A team that leads the conference in wins over the span of a decade is not an average team. They were often thought of as contenders, not the #1 or #2 contender but close to it.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Your narrative makes so much more sense now.

Also, I would be fairly comfortable in saying that the Blues as their roster is constructed are much more of contenders than Chicago is right now.

Thanks for understanding exactly my point. Everyone gets all heated when they don't like someone's clear eyed assessment of their team.

Winning a stanley cup is extremely hard and the team needs a bit of luck , and players need to all come together and contribute.

Regarding comparison between chicago and st Louis lineup , last year I would say st Louis had the better lineup this year chicago with all the moves made plus getting dach and Toews back , I think many people and teams are going to be surprised by them. Their definitely loaded with alot more talent .

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
What’s the point for Ottawa? Sanford is absolute garbage.

Ottawa only wanted the conditional 4th rounder + a winger fill in spot to let some younger depth develop in the AHL.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Well Sens fans were right, Brown doesn’t have it.

I’m fine with the 4th round pick. I’m sure Ottawa will be sick of Sanford by the end of the year and let him walk into UFA.

I suspect this trade will end up very similar to the Namestnikov trade, in which we gave up a 4th rounder, got 50ish games out of a guy at a time when we needed NHL bodies, and then flipped him elsewhere for a 4th at the deadline.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

IranCondraAffair

Mar 10, 2006
I suspect this trade will end up very similar to the Namestnikov trade, in which we gave up a 4th rounder, got 50ish games out of a guy at a time when we needed NHL bodies, and then flipped him elsewhere for a 4th at the deadline.
At least Namestnikov was good for us, I'd trade him for Sanford in a second.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
At least Namestnikov was good for us, I'd trade him for Sanford in a second.
Meh, Sanford will be fine. 4th line winger. Namestnikov faded hard after an excellent start... hopefully Sanford will pick it up after an uninspired preseason.
Claim him back lol!
I don't think we are this cruel, although, ironically, Brownie might already be realizing he made a mistake in asking for a trade because we have 3 healthy centers in our entire organization right now lol

Reactions: GermanSpitfire

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
A 4th for Sanford is still a win for the Blues.

He doesn't do much out there. Waste of 2M and an asset.
It's a win for St Louis because they need the cap space... I am pretty sure we will recoup a similar asset at the deadline, though. There is always room on a contender for a big body that can move. So long as he doesnt have an absolutely terrible year, a contender with room will be willing to part with a midrounder to add a bit of depth.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's a win for St Louis because they need the cap space... I am pretty sure we will recoup a similar asset at the deadline, though. There is always room on a contender for a big body that can move. So long as he doesnt have an absolutely terrible year, a contender with room will be willing to part with a midrounder to add a bit of depth.

Could have signed a player in free agency for 2M instead of trading a 4th to get one.

Said the same thing regarding the Namestnikov trade. Why trade an asset to spend 3M on a guy who you could maybe get a similar pick if traded at the deadline when you could have signed a player at a cost of zero assets and then added a pick at the deadline?

Reactions: jbeck5 and hn777

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Could have signed a player in free agency for 2M instead of trading a 4th to get one.

Said the same thing regarding the Namestnikov trade. Why trade an asset to spend 3M on a guy who you could maybe get a similar pick if traded at the deadline when you could have signed a player at a cost of zero assets and then added a pick at the deadline?
I mean you can certainly argue its imperfect asset management. I dont see that as hugely consequential, though. We struggle to attract players in FA, anyways, and when we land guys its often for too much money or too many years. But yes, we have certainly left assets on the table compared to a team like Detroit or AZ.

Reactions: Hale The Villain

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I mean you can certainly argue its imperfect asset management. I dont see that as hugely consequential, though. We struggle to attract players in FA, anyways, and when we land guys its often for too much money or too many years. But yes, we have certainly left assets on the table compared to a team like Detroit or AZ.

Yeah it's not hugely consequential, but you look at some of the prospects that Mann and the scouting staff have been able to add on day 2 of the draft and I don't understand why we aren't trying to add picks whenever possible.

Sens management is a disaster when it comes to adding players via trade and signings. Scouting staff is the only reason the Sens aren't the worst team in the league by far. Should give them as much ammo as we can and hope that they keep finding gems.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad