Confirmed Trade: [OTT/STL] Zach Sanford for Logan Brown and cond. 2022 4th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
The Sens are going to be a tough, tough team for the Leafs to play against. Especially if they re-sign Tkachuk for a few more seasons. Love how Batherson plays.

Carl33

Aug 25, 2007
Brown juste came on Blues organisation, need to acclimate on Blues systeme, not a surprise they send him down, even at risk of loosing him, they dont care, they didn’t had a roster spot for him first.

Its up to Brown to work harder in STL farm and get the call up when injuries will come...and hopefuly not get injuried himself!

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Could have signed a player in free agency for 2M instead of trading a 4th to get one.

Said the same thing regarding the Namestnikov trade. Why trade an asset to spend 3M on a guy who you could maybe get a similar pick if traded at the deadline when you could have signed a player at a cost of zero assets and then added a pick at the deadline?

I've always wondered this myself for years.

Our team went into the seasons with obvious known holes only to trade draft picks for guys with price tags we could have signed at the cost of zero assets in the summer as a UFA.

Not being proactive in the summers always cost us draft picks. It's rather annoying.

Even back in the day we always refused to sign a top 6 forward in the summer and then had to give assets for guys like sillinger or Smolinski or Bondra or Comrie or Comrie again or Duchene. Theres probably more I'm forgetting about.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Derek Brassard and a 7th to Ottawa
For Zibanejad AND a 2nd round pick

First trade Dorion made.

Jesus fing christ

L O L

Yep. Then Ottawa went to 2OT Game 7 of ECF with Brassard as a key contributor.

The Rangers have one a single playoff round in 5 years since the trade - and were eliminated in round 2 by Ottawa.

As much as the trade sucks now on paper five years later, team success is really the only thing that matters.

Knowing how the TEAMS fared in the following five years, how many Senators fans would reverse the trade? i.e. get Zibby back, but lose Gus + JBD and the 2016-17 playoff run never happened.

Not many is my guess.

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
If that's your best arguement, it's really a stretch to think a blues team that got lucky enough to make the playoffs then ended up winning it with there 1st cup but hasn't done anything spectacular prior to or after . Chicago went to 5 western conference finals and 3 of them moved on to win 3 cups in 7 years . Regular season wins are great but in the end the only true testament is winning the Cup.

You can talk about how good there defense was in the past but it obviously wasn't that great to move them deep into the playoffs or even sniff the stanley cup.

I get it st Louis is your team , but in all honesty st Louis is just a avg team nothing special about the teams skill level in fact the only player who is your superstar tarasenko, the team is looking to move him .

They were the best team in the West before the covid shutdown.....since then the bubble didn't work out for them, and they were destroyed by injuries last year.

I don't even know what to say about the Tarasenko part lol.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

The Rangers have one a single playoff round in 5 years since the trade - and were eliminated in round 2 by Ottawa.

As much as the trade sucks now on paper five years later, team success is really the only thing that matters.

Knowing how the TEAMS fared in the following five years, how many Senators fans would reverse the trade? i.e. get Zibby back, but lose Gus + JBD and the 2016-17 playoff run never happened.

Not many is my guess.
Yep and zibanejad outplayed brassard that playoffs.
Garbage from the start. Anyone with a brain knows it was NEVER a good trade. Not for a minute.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
ill be honest, im surprised brown wasnt claimed by one of arizona/buffalo/detroit

Brown's biggest problem has been his dad. I wonder if now he sees his opportunity essentially near the end and actually puts in effort or if he ends up blaming the Blues as well.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
ill be honest, im surprised brown wasnt claimed by one of arizona/buffalo/detroit

Brown's biggest problem has been his dad. I wonder if now he sees his opportunity essentially near the end and actually puts in effort or if he ends up blaming the Blues as well.
I keep hearing the 'dad' thing. what's that all about?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I keep hearing the 'dad' thing. what's that all about?

He is like marner's dad as in he is way too involved, except marner has proven he can play in the league.

Logan and his dad are close (which is a good thing) but his dad didnt have that pedigree type influence the sens were hoping for. His dad has openly questioned why the sens didnt call up Logan, said logan deserves to be in the nhl (which the sens would have loved if he didnt keep getting injured haha), his dad publically attacked some of the hiring decisions the sens have made (most recently pierre mcguire which was fine for a sens fan or even thinking it but making it public in that type of situation is not the move) and has publically attacked the sens media (half the sens media are clowns but it is a pick and choose your battles type scenario)

if he is able to push back on his dad's influence a little then Logan should be able to become at least a 3rd line center in the league, his future is there to make a good amount of money but its really up to dear old dad

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He is like marner's dad as in he is way too involved, except marner has proven he can play in the league.

Logan and his dad are close (which is a good thing) but his dad didnt have that pedigree type influence the sens were hoping for. His dad has openly questioned why the sens didnt call up Logan, said logan deserves to be in the nhl (which the sens would have loved if he didnt keep getting injured haha), his dad publically attacked some of the hiring decisions the sens have made (most recently pierre mcguire which was fine for a sens fan or even thinking it but making it public in that type of situation is not the move) and has publically attacked the sens media (half the sens media are clowns but it is a pick and choose your battles type scenario)

if he is able to push back on his dad's influence a little then Logan should be able to become at least a 3rd line center in the league, his future is there to make a good amount of money but its really up to dear old dad
gotcha.. thx for the reply!
would think there's less possibility of that happening here since Jeff is a Blues alum. also, don't think Army or Berube would put up with it

who knows tho... players parents have always been, and will always be, a pita... I used to coach the young'ens once upon a time.. man were they a headache

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

Logan Brown's biggest problem is Logan Brown. His dad didn't have anything to do with being sent down in St. Louis. Logan Brown is deathly afraid of contact and any battle for the puck. He turns his head when he lamely tries to check. He completely stops trying to chase a puck or dig it out of the boards the second anyone comes within 3 feet of him. He has very little compete and zero physicality. He is the least physical player I have ever seen. There is no way he was making the Blues, and that had nothing to do with his dad. Hockey is a contact sport. I don't care how talented you are, you won't succeed at the highest level of a contact sport if you completely shut down any time there is a chance at contact.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Logan Brown's biggest problem is Logan Brown. His dad didn't have anything to do with being sent down in St. Louis. Logan Brown is deathly afraid of contact and any battle for the puck. He turns his head when he lamely tries to check. He completely stops trying to chase a puck or dig it out of the boards the second anyone comes within 3 feet of him. He has very little compete and zero physicality. He is the least physical player I have ever seen. There is no way he was making the Blues, and that had nothing to do with his dad. Hockey is a contact sport. I don't care how talented you are, you won't succeed at the highest level of a contact sport if you completely shut down any time there is a chance at contact.

that is all 1000% true. All i will say is that the drive to make the team and do the little things like you indicated basically stopped(or really seemed nonexistent) once his dad started running his mouth

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011

I am not surprised. Ottawa has a real issue with their lack of high end talent at center ice. If you cannot force your way into the Ottawa Senator lineup at the center ice position, how can you possibly hope to do so with other teams, even themselves also short at the center ice position. The only asset he brings is passing (terrible goals, FO %, defensive and physical play) and that could be at best described as somewhat below mediocre. They are better off to give the opportunity to their own prospects, which in many instances are 3 years younger.

He turns 24 this year, has per 82 average of 3 goals 22 assists, and would have needed 22 minutes of very highly sheltered ice time (4 min PP, 65% OZ starts) just to crack the 50 point barrier.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010

I think Brown was always a bit of a floater, but I wonder how much all those injuries did to his psyche. If you've shown you're made of glass, you'll probably develop an aversion to contact.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
LOL, I believe they traded a pick to move up to get Brown as well...this guy costing us picks all over the place.

What I still can't believe is placing Balcers on waivers in January instead of any of Paquette, Anisimov, Stepan or Galchenyuk. Heck, even Tierney would have been a better choice

Just a terrible asset manager

Not many is my guess.

ME here. You can make a poll, and you'll see that the vast majority of Sens fans would reverse the trade.

I think Brown was always a bit of a floater, but I wonder how much all those injuries did to his psyche. If you've shown you're made of glass, you'll probably develop an aversion to contact.

Exactly what I was thinking. I didn't watch the Blues pre-season games so I wouldn't know but he wasn't really playing "scared" before. He never really used his body to his advantage but his injury list is already longer than many retired players... he's most likely just too worried about getting injured, which doesn't bode well for him

And I hope his dad wasn't the one who put his head to ask for a trade to St. Louis, this is like one of the worst opportunities to crack a roster in the whole league. He needs to go to a team with zero expectations and not much depth

Reactions: Altimus

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Thanks for understanding exactly my point. Everyone gets all heated when they don't like someone's clear eyed assessment of their team.

Winning a stanley cup is extremely hard and the team needs a bit of luck , and players need to all come together and contribute.

Regarding comparison between chicago and st Louis lineup , last year I would say st Louis had the better lineup this year chicago with all the moves made plus getting dach and Toews back , I think many people and teams are going to be surprised by them. Their definitely loaded with alot more talent .
Their definitely loaded alot. Is it talent though? Or boos raining down from the home crowd? Thank you for the clear eyed assessment in advance.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Their definitely loaded alot. Is it talent though? Or boos raining down from the home crowd? Thank you for the clear eyed assessment in advance.

Regarding Chicago I've always thought JC is not ready to be a headcoach , his record clearly says fire me immediately. However many people take the approach he hasn't had the talent or a full training camp , those excuses can no longer be used its clear his system doesn't work he is out coached and the team / players are not being held accountable or put in a place to succeed via a system.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Regarding Chicago I've always thought JC is not ready to be a headcoach , his record clearly says fire me immediately. However many people take the approach he hasn't had the talent or a full training camp , those excuses can no longer be used its clear his system doesn't work he is out coached and the team / players are not being held accountable or put in a place to succeed via a system.
He was the same coach you had when you made your clear eyed assessment about the Blues relative to the Blackhawks this season. The O/U season points line was 92.5 for the Blues and 91.5 for the Blackhawks at season's open and now it's 98.5 for the Blues and 82.5 for the Blackhawks. That spread moved from +1 to +16 after 10 total games played for the two teams. You weren't the only wrong Blackhawks fan.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He was the same coach you had when you made your clear eyed assessment about the Blues relative to the Blackhawks this season. The O/U season points line was 92.5 for the Blues and 91.5 for the Blackhawks at season's open and now it's 98.5 for the Blues and 82.5 for the Blackhawks. That spread moved from +1 to +16 after 10 total games played for the two teams. You weren't the only wrong Blackhawks fan.

I've always had concerns regarding JC I'll admit right now with the amount of talent and how things are going many of us have egg on our face. It's the coaching and its so easy to recognize.
The team looks flat and out of sync, that to me screams bad coaching.

I know people will say the players still back the coach but in today's world players for the most part just go along to get along.

At this point with the next 3 games chicago has scheduled it looks like a blood bath for 3 more losses

LetsGoBLUES91

Jan 8, 2013
I've always had concerns regarding JC I'll admit right now with the amount of talent and how things are going many of us have egg on our face. It's the coaching and its so easy to recognize.

I know people will say the players still back the coach but in today's world players for the most part just go along to get along.

At this point with the next 3 games chicago has scheduled it looks like a blood bath for 3 more losses

You sure as hell didn’t seem to have any concerns a month ago. How’s it goin down there?

Reactions: Taylorst

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

How does Bowman still have job! He fired Q, hired JC, and assembled this mess of a roster.

Reactions: Taylorst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad