Proposal: OTT/STL: B.Tkachuk for R.Thomas +

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
If the rumours are true that Brady turned down an 8x8 deal from the Sens and wants a term that allows him to leave in his mid-20s:

:blues Brady Tkachuk

:sens Robert Thomas, Jake Neighbours/Zachary Bolduc, 2022 1st Round Pick

If Tarasenko were willing to waive for the Sens, could include him in the deal too with a plus on the Sens side.

Thoughts?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Blues pass. Salary cap to begin with. Need cheap contracts to compete.

Ottawa passes also

Assuming they can dump Tarasenko, fitting in Brady on a long-term deal wouldn't be a problem.

But yes, in the future not having a couple 1st rounders on ELCs would hurt and result in a few tough choices I'm sure.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
No one ever said Tkachuk turned down an 8 year/8 million per deal. He has been offered it, according to rumours. I don’t see anywhere where it says he turned it down.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
No one ever said Tkachuk turned down an 8 year/8 million per deal. He has been offered it, according to rumours. I don’t see anywhere where it says he turned it down.

As the first sentence states, we're going on the assumption he declines and insists on a term like 3-5 years that makes him a UFA in his mid-20s (basically wants out as soon as possible).

Reactions: TML1990

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
He’s be foolish to sign that deal (8 x $8mm AAV). He’ll do better going the bridge route. He’s a great player and should bet on himself. If he signs for 8 years, he should insist that AAV starts with a $1…

Ledge And Dairy

Assuming they can dump Tarasenko, fitting in Brady on a long-term deal wouldn't be a problem.

But yes, in the future not having a couple 1st rounders on ELCs would hurt and result in a few tough choices I'm sure.
Dump Tarasenko? What competing team can possibly fit him under the cap right now? Seattle? Are they even competing? They didn't even take him for free

mab894

Nov 27, 2017
I think this is relatively close in value tbh and I'm a Blues fan. Idk if I would pull the trigger but I would certainly think long and hard about it .. I feel pretty confident a long-term extension would get done with STL

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Sens fans are a real insecure bunch, the slightest sniff of a difficult negotiation and it's time to cut and run. Understandable with history of Melnyck ownership.

The chances of a Brady Tkachuck trade at this point is miniscule. The culture of the rebuild is built around him.

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Sens fans are a real insecure bunch, the slightest sniff of a difficult negotiation and it's time to cut and run. Understandable with history of Melnyck ownership.

The chances of a Brady Tkachuck trade at this point is miniscule. The culture of the rebuild is built around him.
This rumor wasn't even started by a sens fan. You're acting like most sens fans are resigned to the fact that Brady wont re-sign and will be shipped off for pennies on the dollar when in reality, this couldn't be farther from the truth. He will re-sign and this story will be forgotten about within a week or two.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He would have signed it then.

Not necessarily true. There's a a lot that goes into contracts. It's not just 'here is 64 million over 8 years'. Structure and signing bonuses has become a pretty important part of negotiations, you and I know that Ottawa isn't a team that hands out signing bonuses nor does it front load contracts, that's likely the hold up on signing a long term deal. There's also the interesting wrinkle that Frank Seravalli pointed out with the cap making a significant rise 5 years from now. Wouldn't be surprised if the Tkachuk camp has that on their minds as well and want to capitalize on a rise in spending.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
This rumor wasn't even started by a sens fan. You're acting like most sens fans are resigned to the fact that Brady wont re-sign and will be shipped off for pennies on the dollar when in reality, this couldn't be farther from the truth. He will re-sign and this story will be forgotten about within a week or two.

I agree, it is a non-story. Most reasonable sens fans understand that.

Reactions: RickyLafleur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad