Proposal: OTT/STL: B.Tkachuk for R.Thomas +

Ledge And Dairy

I think if they bring a 3rd team into the mix it could work. Swing Tarasenko to the Devils, the Devils send PK Subban to the Sens. Subban has already had his bonuses paid, so he's tailor made for Eugene Melnyk ($9 mil cap hit only owed $2 mil this season). Rest of the OP's deal remains in tact. Sens can probably net a 3rd at the deadline if they retain half on Subban, so that's another asset.
I think you skipped the part where I said "competing team." That is not the Devils

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
I think you skipped the part where I said "competing team." That is not the Devils

I don’t think they’re good enough to make the playoffs, but I think they’re trying to get better. They signed Hamilton. Why does it have to be a contender? If Tarasenko is unhappy in STL and there’s only so many teams with cap flexibility, I can’t see him blocking a deal to N.J.S.A.

Ledge And Dairy

I don’t think they’re good enough to make the playoffs, but I think they’re trying to get better. They signed Hamilton. Why does it have to be a contender? If Tarasenko is unhappy in STL and there’s only so many teams with cap flexibility, I can’t see him blocking a deal to N.J.S.A.
I'm not saying he will block a trade, I'm saying I doubt they are calling to spend assets on him

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

ChicksDigTheTrap

No quick fixes, no cutting corners and no cheating
Sep 16, 2018
Springsteen Country
I'm not saying he will block a trade, I'm saying I doubt they are calling to spend assets on him
IMO your read on that is correct. Rutherford stated on Twitter that he heard the Devils were concerned about Tanks shoulder. There were reports they had interest prior to signing Tatar. If they had interest my guess is they were telling STL they would take his cap hit for them but not give up anything of value. After signing Tatar I would be very surprised if they had any interest in Tank at this point.

Blueswin

Jun 13, 2021
As a Blue fan I would have no interest in this trade.
B.Tkachuk

Is not worth 3 1st round picks & Thomas. I will happily hang on to the team we have.

HyperX

Fire Ruff and co. !
Jul 21, 2021
When you put Thomas + - are you insinuating that Thomas would be the best piece? If so - that's not going to work.
Why not? Robert Thomas has only a few points less than Brady's best season

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
If the rumours are true that Brady turned down an 8x8 deal from the Sens and wants a term that allows him to leave in his mid-20s:

:blues Brady Tkachuk

:sens Robert Thomas, Jake Neighbours/Zachary Bolduc, 2022 1st Round Pick

If Tarasenko were willing to waive for the Sens, could include him in the deal too with a plus on the Sens side.

Thoughts?

that is a serious over-payment from the Blues

Stelmacki

May 2, 2017
Its really not. Nothing projects to be a first line dominant powerforward in that group of assets. None of them project to be first liners at all.

and all 3 are still a serious over-payment for someone who hasn’t put up more than 45 points.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
and all 3 are still a serious over-payment for someone who hasn’t put up more than 45 points.
Never played more than 71 games in a year, two shortened seasons and he already has 125 points before he turns 22. Leads the league in shots and hits. How many players do that? What a garbage come back. People need to start watching hockey games if they are going to comment.

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Never played more than 71 games in a year, two shortened seasons and he already has 125 points before he turns 22. Leads the league in shots and hits. How many players do that? What a garbage come back. People need to start watching hockey games if they are going to comment.

And you have watched each of the prospects offered? Oh you haven't..... Pot meet kettle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad