Confirmed Trade: [OTT/SJ] Erik Karlsson and Francis Perron for Tierney, DeMelo, Norris, Balcers, 1st, 2nd, cdnl picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Like I said, you're just more familiar with your guys. Tierney is a 24 year old 40 point two way C. If you get that out of Howden you're laughing. And Balcers is hugely underrated. The return by know means blew this one out of the water, especially when you consider that McDonagh came with an extra year

Really? You think Tierney is going to put up those numbers in Ottawa? Good luck with that. Also Howden is projected to be exactly that, and has done nothing to look like he won't be that. McDonagh came with A full year yes...just like Karlsson did. Howden and Hajek are better prospects in every regard than Balcers and Norris.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Tierney and DeMelo had statistically-anomalous good seasons last season on a far superior San Jose squad. They're fairly old, won't be there for when the Senators bloom. Speaking of which, the only prospect of note was Josh Norris, who hasn't exactly lit the AHL on fire. The picks will be low.

These are spare parts.

As an Avs fan, I am happy for the 2019 Ott pick we have, but also can't relate to this predicament for Ottawa considering they have a really bad team and no pick, a situation Avs have not been in. It will be a long rebuild with rising cynicism in the fanbase.

As a Sharks fan, Tierney is a decent bottom-6er but is inadequate as a #3C on a true contender, DeMelo is absolute ducking trash and belongs in the NHL under absolutely no circumstances. These were my honest assessments of the players and I can provide receipts of my posts on these players before the trade.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I know the cap math seems difficult but I can easily see EK resigning in San Jose. He didn’t see “I’m not resigning for the team you trade me to” he said “let me and my family adjust to the new location and we’ll see”. That would seem to me if traded to a good organization he’s more than open minded about staying.

The Sharks are a good organization with good leadership and a great “room” in the locker. And it choices don’t get much better for having a selection of beautiful places to live than the Bay Area. I’d say they (the Sharks) have a great chance at making a great first impression and they are the *only* club in the NHL that gets this opportunity.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
- Burns & Karlsson are great to have on the same team, but man the defensive lapses if they ever play together... at least SJ will have 5 forwards on the ice

- Assuming Melnyk wanted him super far away from Ottawa so he wont have to face him more than once or twice this year

- Cheers to all the OTT fans who kept telling us EK married an Ottawa girl and hes staying there forever win or lose :laugh:

- NSH + WPG are still better than San Jose.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Does Dorion only have one GM in his Rolodex? Wilson must have pictures of him in a hotel room with Russian hookers. He flipped Hoffman back to the east and then gets Karlsson for THIS?

Ottawa will be in the basement for years based on the events of the past 10 months. I can't watch any more.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
That probably the major thing everyone seems to overlook right now.

Does anybody really believe that a team wouldn't have beaten that offer easily if Karlsson would have been willing to extend with them?

Really?

Thats why Pacioretty got decent value and thats why the EK trade looks like it looks right now...

EK wants to either hit UFA at all costs or simply does not want to extend with any team right now that was in the mix.

This is basically San Jose trading for a rental for now and going all-in...

Thats why this looks like a rental return because it is...
And what happens if he does re-sign. It’s still a terrible deal.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Just enough glitter in all that chicken feed to fool some people. What a pile of crap. I am sorry for saying bad things about players but this is the best the Sens could get?

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Tierney and DeMelo had statistically-anomalous good seasons last season on a far superior San Jose squad. They're fairly old, won't be there for when the Senators bloom. Speaking of which, the only prospect of note was Josh Norris, who hasn't exactly lit the AHL on fire. The picks will be low.

Hard to lit the AHL on fire when you don't play in the AHL?

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
- Burns & Karlsson are great to have on the same team, but man the defensive lapses if they ever play together... at least SJ will have 5 forwards on the ice

- Assuming Melnyk wanted him super far away from Ottawa so he wont have to face him more than once or twice this year

- Cheers to all the OTT fans who kept telling us EK married an Ottawa girl and hes staying there forever win or lose :laugh:

- NSH + WPG are still better than San Jose.

He was literally in tears during his press conference saying he wanted to stay in Ottawa and he never thought he would be traded. Then Dorion came out and said last February they decided they were going to trade him.

But OK.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Crap. I wish Dubas wouldve offered Carrick, Ennis, a 1st and a 2nd. Get a bidding war going. Jokes aside, this trade is craptastic for the Sens. Good thing that people from Ottawa can speak french because it looks like the team will be moving over the bridge.

Reactions: Voight

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

These are spare parts.

As an Avs fan, I am happy for the 2019 Ott pick we have, but also can't relate to this predicament for Ottawa considering they have a really bad team and no pick, a situation Avs have not been in. It will be a long rebuild with rising cynicism in the fanbase.

Rudolfs Balcers is pretty good. I think he’s better than Norris tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad