Confirmed with Link: OTT signed David Perron for 2 years / 4M AAV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Shit player and extremely unlikeable

Of course we sign him

Well that's the summer retool taking care of: bad trade, bad signing (2 years at least) and one minor leaguer. Maybe another no-name player later today.

I expect nothing and am still disappointed

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site

Of course we sign him

Well that's the summer retool taking care of: bad trade, bad signing (2 years at least) and one minor leaguer. Maybe another no-name player later today.

Is he? I know fans in Ottawa don't like him, but he's a veteran guy who's worn a letter. I'm guessing within the room he's liked and respected, and that's what matters.

Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
I understand that the Chychrun trade is disappointing, but surprised so many people seem to not like this. Perron can still play, and is a quality middle six forward with some jam. 2 x 4M is very reasonable.
He's also 36.

Reminds me of Burrows when we acquired him. I'm worried he'll fall off a cliff in year 2 of that deal.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Is he? I know fans in Ottawa don't like him, but he's a veteran guy who's worn a letter. I'm guessing within the room he's liked and respected, and that's what matters.
I have a soft spot for the St Louis Blues so I've seen a lot of him.

He's a despicable rat on the ice. He is old and a weak skater. He'll produce ok but will cost us a lot of games with bad penalties at bad times.

He's a veteran and technically a winner (thanks to Vegas) but he is no leader. Less than bargain bin, this is a trash can player.

Reactions: Cosmix

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

Of course we sign him

I don't agree with you that he's shite. He is unlikable, but he's on our team now and so unlikeable by other fans and teams. I don't mind this. Better than what we paid Tarasenko.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dimiao putting his stamp on early, he would likely know more about Perron than 99% of the league

Not sure why anyone would be upset at this, what happens on the ice in years past has no bearing on what he brings to the middle 6 of the Sens for the next 2 years. Good for 35-50 points, 1100 games. Seems like exactly what we should be wanting

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
It's a legit concern. But I like this modest contract more than a lot of the long-term deals given out to middle-six wingers today. Cap flexibility is king.
What about Zucker @ 5x1? I would have much preferred that.

edit: Or even Arvidsson at 4x2

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
My best bud, a die hard wings fan who's more knowledgeable about hockey than me says this about him:

"Heart and soul, love the guy. His skating is cringeworthy though. Not worth 4 anymore, but I like him. Good Pp guy still, but he can't keep up with the pace and takes tons of lazy stick penalties because he can't keep up. I wanted him back at 2x2 to be a 4th line guy, 2nd powerplay..but clearly his value was higher than that. But he works his ass off"

Those are all his texts i put into one paragraph so the flow of sentences might sound weird.

Reactions: DrEasy and maclean

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022
The only thing is that his points per game has gone down each of the last three seasons. I hope he doesn't fall off a cliff come January.

If he can put up the same point totals as last year (76 GP, 17 G, 47 TP) for the next two years then he will be a solid add.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
the moves today are 100 percent because of how immature and leaderless our core is.

Staois needed to get some actual veteran professionals in the org to put them in their place.

Reactions: PoutineSp00nZ

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Dimiao putting his stamp on early, he would likely know more about Perron than 99% of the league

Not sure why anyone would be upset at this, what happens on the ice in years past has no bearing on what he brings to the middle 6 of the Sens for the next 2 years. Good for 35-50 points, 1100 games. Seems like exactly what we should be wanting
I'm upset we signed a scumbag who is about to fall off a cliff. 35 to 50 points for a 36 year old bottom 6 player seems very optimistic. 30ish tops this year and 20ish next year is my expecation.

It isn't unthinkable so we'll see, but scumbags aren't the kind of veteran I like.

Reactions: Senscore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad