Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Shane Pinto re-signs with the Senators (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
Crazy that the guy who was going to have to leave to be able to sign Pinto was the guy who had to leave in order to be able to sign Pinto. Still need 3 forwards and a defenseman for just under 4M. Good luck?

I expect one of the 4th line spots to be filled with an ELC (either Crookshank or Ostapchuk at ~800k), so you really need 2 players for ~$3M. Another 4th liner and a bottom-pairing D.

Easily doable.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
I expect one of the 4th line spots to be filled with an ELC (either Crookshank or Ostapchuk at ~800k), so you really need 2 players for ~$3M. Another 4th liner and a bottom-pairing D.

Easily doable.
Yeah...I just feel like Andlauer/Staios are still trying to get a lay of the land and its holding up the ability of the team to move forward in terms of being competitive in the division. Staying pat, though, can be the kiss of death because potential Free Agents won't want see the organization as being serious about competing.

CallSaul

Jun 19, 2024
They need to add a #5 defenseman. Or even two bottom pairing defenseman. Their bottom pair depth is atrocious.

It wouldn't surprise me if they have a trade lined up for someone, and everything is linked. Pay to clear Joseph, sign the Pinto bridge, and now bring in the bottom pair guy.

Then the roster is set outside of possible small housework like swapping depth players with other teams.

They need 1 RD to play with Kleven.
Yeah...I just feel like Andlauer/Staios are still trying to get a lay of the land and its holding up the ability of the team to move forward in terms of being competitive in the division. Staying pat, though, can be the kiss of death because potential Free Agents won't want see the organization as being serious about competing.

I mean, they acquired a Vezina trophy winning goalie last week (addressing by far their biggest need) and made quite a few other changes since then…

Almost half the roster will be turned over from last year.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Part of me wonders if Pinto’s agent was working the media to get the Sens to come to an agreement. At 2x 3.75M, it seems like it was the media making negotiations sounding like a mess and neither side fuelled it.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
They need 1 RD to play with Kleven.

I mean, they acquired a Vezina trophy winning goalie last week (addressing by far their biggest need) and made quite a few other changes since then…

Almost half the roster will be turned over from last year.
But changing out spare parts for similar spare parts (aside from Ulmark) doesn't really inspire confidence. Especially since Ulmark doesn't come with an extension in place.

Reactions: SENStastic

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
not to much he could do. he's not arb eligible and looks like he couldnt find an offersheet. nice contract for the sens.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
You guys can hit up Utah for Logan Cooley. The Islanders are going to go after Shane Pinto. Possibly James Hagens too.
Yeah but he grew up a Pens fan, said it himself. You can come after him sure lol, I think he like Ottawa though!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad