Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
He a solid 3rd line guy on the 4th. What a pickup.
Jesus, are you serious in this thread?

These players are what they are and a couple games won't change anything.

Kastelic is a role player that has some good tools and will look good at times but will disappear for long periods. He is a 4th liner and I will be (pleasantly) surprised if he is on the league in 5 years.

Korpisalo is a really shitty goalie who can get hot and look ok/good for short periods. Otherwise he will give up softies at the worst times. On balance he will lose you more games then he will win.

Ulmark is a consistently good Venzina winner who has proved his ability on good and bad teams.

Korpisalo would have taken a 1st to get rid of for Ottawa with his horrific contract.

While I think the trade was poor value for the Bruins there are some mitigating factors.

The goalie market is always tough and there are limited teams looking for a number 1 and can afford the contract it will take to keep him. Good teams don't have the space and rebuilding teams shouldn't spend 8 mil on someone will just cost you draft positions before you are ready.

Ottawa was a good fit, so would have been New Jersey but they got Markstrom. So sucks to be the Bruins.

There is a long and storied history of players having outsized impact right after a trade and then crashing back to earth.

Methinks your attempt to put lipstick on a pig will look terrible over time.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario

Kastelic is a role player that has some good tools and will look good at times but will disappear for long periods. He is a 4th liner and I will be (pleasantly) surprised if he is on the league in 5 years.

Korpisalo is a really shitty goalie who can get hot and look ok/good for short periods. Otherwise he will give up softies at the worst times. On balance he will lose you more games then he will win.

Ulmark is a consistently good Venzina winner who has proved his ability on good and bad teams.

Korpisalo would have taken a 1st to get rid of for Ottawa with his horrific contract.

While I think the trade was poor value for the Bruins there are some mitigating factors.

The goalie market is always tough and there are limited teams looking for a number 1 and can afford the contract it will take to keep him. Good teams don't have the space and rebuilding teams shouldn't spend 8 mil on someone will just cost you draft positions before you are ready.

Ottawa was a good fit, so would have been New Jersey but they got Markstrom. So sucks to be the Bruins.

There is a long and storied history of players having outsized impact right after a trade and then crashing back to earth.

This lipstick on a pig sure looks sexy right now. Kastelic 5 points in 5 games ( almost got another helper last night) Korpi was dynamite especially the last 3rd period making a few highlight Tim Thomas type saves through the game almost having a 900 save percentage game. Dont forget we also got that 6 foot 7 giant prospect Dean Leternaeu who scores like the wind early in his career ( might be something). Trade so far is paying dividends.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
This lipstick on a pig sure looks sexy right now. Kastelic 5 points in 5 games ( almost got another helper last night) Korpi was dynamite especially the last 3rd period making a few highlight Tim Thomas type saves through the game almost having a 900 save percentage game. Dont forget we also got that 6 foot 7 giant prospect Dean Leternaeu who scores like the wind early in his career ( might be something). Trade so far is paying dividends.

Dude like half the posts on the last few pages are yours. Give it a rest. Is it actually possible that the trade might work out well for both teams?

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Sens fans trash Korpisalo after one bad game: "Haha Bruins suck lol!!"

I do the exact same thing back to them after Ullmark has one bad game: "Wow why are people so mean to Sens fans???

This reminds me of the scene in Billy Madison where all the kids deliberately piss themselves to seem cool

I’m not criticizing your excitement but this is an objectively hilarious thing to say

I Hate Philadelphia

Aug 10, 2015
Orlando, Florida

Speaking of "disappearing for long periods", why don't you have a look at Ullmark's career playoff stats?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad