Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
He a solid 3rd line guy on the 4th. What a pickup.
Jesus, are you serious in this thread?

These players are what they are and a couple games won't change anything.

Kastelic is a role player that has some good tools and will look good at times but will disappear for long periods. He is a 4th liner and I will be (pleasantly) surprised if he is on the league in 5 years.

Korpisalo is a really shitty goalie who can get hot and look ok/good for short periods. Otherwise he will give up softies at the worst times. On balance he will lose you more games then he will win.

Ulmark is a consistently good Venzina winner who has proved his ability on good and bad teams.

Korpisalo would have taken a 1st to get rid of for Ottawa with his horrific contract.

While I think the trade was poor value for the Bruins there are some mitigating factors.

The goalie market is always tough and there are limited teams looking for a number 1 and can afford the contract it will take to keep him. Good teams don't have the space and rebuilding teams shouldn't spend 8 mil on someone will just cost you draft positions before you are ready.

Ottawa was a good fit, so would have been New Jersey but they got Markstrom. So sucks to be the Bruins.

There is a long and storied history of players having outsized impact right after a trade and then crashing back to earth.

Methinks your attempt to put lipstick on a pig will look terrible over time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad