Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I'm glad he remembered how to be a good goalie because there was definitely a real possibility that he would not

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Ullmark got a good win tonight, Kastelic got 2 goals. Deal worked out great for both teams at least tonight.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Yea but that kastelic guy is paying dividends for Boston. The guy is solid.

He’s underrated and I wish we kept him. Hes the perfect 4th line C. He hits, he fights , he stands up for teammates and he can actually skate unlike most plugs .

His intensity from game to game can waver but he’s a solid 4th line guy.

zenator

Jan 1, 2004
Getting Ullmark has and will make a huge difference for the Sens. They haven't had a top 10 goalie since Anderson.

Other teams could have used Ullmark, glad we got him. Detroit, Edmonton, Colorado. Even New Jersey; Markstrom is certainly an upgrade on the garbage they had, but Ullmark is better.

Staios is the man. All his moves look great so far. Perron, Jensen and Amadio all played very well last night. Bringing in 4 cup winners is huge (these 3 plus Cousins).

Kastelic could become the best 4th liner in the league and I'd still do this trade 100 out of 100 times. 4th liners don't make nearly the impact a starting goalie does. Plus the anchor Korpisalo drags down any positive contribution Kastelic makes.

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
If kastelic pops 15 to 20 goals on that 4th line for Boston trade might not be so one sided after all.

In Ottawa he was a “had all the tools but no toolbox” kind of player, in my view.

He has some pretty solid moments in Ottawa, I believe he’s had a couple of two goal games in the past. But it always frustrated me how soft and slow he played, when he’s the biggest (and sometimes maybe the fastest) player out there. I always had a feeling he’d be one of those guys that you trade away and he figures it all out somewhere else.

But I would temper expectations on him after a strong start. I’d give him a 15 goal ceiling, but if he can use his size and physicality more, he’d be a real asset out there.

Reactions: The don godfather

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Love to see Ullmark succeed. Great guy, obviously loved in the room, likely well sorted as well since it was reported his one of the reasons he nixed traders least year was moving his family mid year. I hope he crushes 78 games this year.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
If kastelic pops 15 to 20 goals on that 4th line for Boston trade might not be so one sided after all.
I would be shocked - absolutely shocked - if Kastelic put up 20. He was always one of those guys who you wondered why he wasn't a better player than he was when you look at this physical tools.

Might have taken a coaching swap / change of scenery to get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad