Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
*Ottawa trades a late first, a 4th liner and a garbage goalie for a legit starter.

*fans of other teams "Over payment for a guy that will never re-sign in Ottawa, way to give up another first for a rental ala DeBrincat. Ottawa dumb."

*Ottawa signs him to an extension
*fans of other teams "Ottawa dumb."

If you are a fan of other teams you should be happy Ottawa is dedicating 8 mill to a goalie. Ullmark didnt set the market, Ottawa is following the market price.

Sensatauro

Dec 30, 2012
awww.... is that all you can come up with? Suck my big ballz and Mr Potato head?

man, meeting some really smart Sens fans on here today. Maybe youre best suited for the ESPN hockey board. (cus they dont know shit!)

Stay in school, kids.

Bro, got any potatoes?

I'm cooking up some beef and need me some potatoes

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Just a quick question for all the salty takes here.

If ottawa sucks so bad (the coach sucks , the city sucks, the d sucks, the forwards are mid, the salaries are all terrible) why are some of you non sens fans really giving a shit?

You should be ecstatic right?

But for some reason you think you're gonna.... convince us otherwise?

I don't get the motivation.

if sens fans have liked what they see, if we're fine with the term, and feel like our team is trending up (and it is make no mistake after the last couple years) why do back flips trying to paint it otherwise?
Get a grip

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Duchene, Debrincat, Chychrun.

People that aren’t Sens fans don’t understand the importance of a deal like this.

They probably could have extended Chychrun if they wanted to, but he was Dorion’s big fish.

Ullmark was getting 7 anywhere, Ottawa doesn’t have the luxury of tax breaks, so they come up on the AAV but land an awesome term.

Team didn’t want distractions. They wanted Ullmark, traded for him and now have signed him. It’s a win unless you are actively rooting against the Sens.

LiseL

Sponsor
Sep 25, 2023
I mean I somewhat agree with your overall take because Ullmark is pretty good and Korpi sucks but maybe not great to judge him after one game against the defending champs in Florida. He settled down after the 1st period and played pretty well.
I agree that Florida is a hard team to beat but regarding your statement that his play improved in the 2nd period, that happened a lot last year. 22 times the 1st or 2nd shot went in, a lot of them softies. This was true for both Korpi and Forsberg. It's demoralizing when this happens too often. Luckily Swayman will be getting the difficult match-ups going forward.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
There are a bunch of teams in Ottawa's spot where it feels like one of these good young teams will break through

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think Ottawa should have waited to see how he fit with their roster, but the contract is fair.

Odds are we're going to see the average starting goalie contract jump from around 5 to 7 or 8. Good on Ottawa to get an elite option locked up ahead of the curve.

Reactions: LiseL

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think Ottawa should have waited to see how he fit with their roster, but the contract is fair.

Odds are we're going to see the average starting goalie contract jump from around 5 to 7 or 8. Good on Ottawa to get an elite option locked up ahead of the curve.

That’s not a waiting game a club like the Sens can afford to play. Ullmark has been without question one of the top 5-10 goalies in the NHL the last few years, even if you want to “penalize” him for playing on the Bruins.

The fact that he’d commit the entirety of the rest of his prime to Ottawa and with an NMC to boot is a massive victory for the organization.

If the Sens can’t compete in the next four years with this core, they will be back to rebuilding anyways - let’s be real. So you got your goalie locked down. That’s a “W” any way you slice it.

Reactions: LiseL

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
awww.... is that all you can come up with? Suck my big ballz and Mr Potato head?

man, meeting some really smart Sens fans on here today. Maybe youre best suited for Twitter (cus they dont know shit and just reply with insults!)

Stay in school, kids.
Did you skip school today? You have literally been in this thread all day with over 40 posts and you are a fan of a rival team. That's just weird.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad