Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] G Linus Ullmark signs extension with the Ottawa Senators (4 years, $8.25M AAV)

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I love how the same people who were saying that Korpisalo would all of a sudden look good in "Boston's system" will say this is a bad deal.

Ullmark will continue to be a .910+ SV% guy in Ottawa.
Korpisalo will continue to be a sieve in Boston, as we saw last night.

Also a perfect length. Would you prefer it to be $7.5M? Yes, but it's Ottawa. It costs more to get guys signed here.

How did Korpisalo look in that system last night?
Ullmark managed to look very good on a very bad Buffalo team so im confident in his chances.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
a good goalie comes with a great coach and great defence. THats all Im saying.

This isnt Hasek here.
No, but he's clearly a number one goalie. Easily. Even during pre season you can see the glaring differences between him and all the other shitbirds we've had recently.

Plus, he carries himself like a true pro. Which, again, is sorely needed.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Very happy for Linus. Fantastic human and player.

Part of me wants to think Swayman got every single penny he could was so his buddy could get paid as well… and I’m all for it. Hope he can continue his play in Ottawa.

Reactions: BTO

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Feels rushed, could bite us in the ass... But, his resume speaks volume. If this works out, even if he starts 60 games around a 2.5GAA, I'll be happy. We NEED goaltending.

I can't see this not working out.

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Feels rushed, could bite us in the ass... But, his resume speaks volume. If this works out, even if he starts 60 games around a 2.5GAA, I'll be happy. We NEED goaltending.

I can't see this not working out.

How many times has he started 60 games? What about 50? Seems a tall ask for a 31 year old to begin taking on an extra 20 games per season.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
a good goalie comes with a great coach and great defence. THats all Im saying.

This isnt Hasek here.
This is not always the case. You need a high level goaltender to win. Put Korpisalo in for Florida/NY/etc., and see how fast they hit their ceiling because of how crap he is.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Last 2 big goalie signings for Ottawa worked out great, surely 3rd times the charm 👍
This is a very tradable contract because of the resume attached and the short term. If things do go sideways in Ottawa several teams would be interested. Especially ones that play stout defensively and know Ulmark would do well in their system.

DackellDuck

Sep 20, 2024
What do you mean all of a sudden? It's all we have heard to discount player accomplishments.

And you are wrong, he sucks WAY more.

I've seen you in all sorts of threads talking about how Matthews, Marner and Nylander are stars who are fairly paid.

But they suck and don't win in the playoffs? And it's been like that for years and years. So how can that be? I mean, how many goals does "the greatest goalscorer" Auston Matthews have in games 6 and 7's? Why are the Leafs paying a guy 13M when he can't score when it matters?

You judge Ullmark on his playoff results, but those guys on their regular season results?

Seems hypocritical.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
A Leaf fan brought him up first of course.
1728483372828.png

This is a leafs fan?

Reactions: LivingRentFree

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Happy for him. Great backup last year and a solid payday for a guy who has 10 career playoff games under his belt with a 3-6 record. Good thing Ottawa doesn't have to worry about that part though 🤣

Reactions: LivingRentFree

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I said it last year at the trade deadline of all the goalies available through trade/free agency ullmark is the best option I am excited we got him locked up to a team friendly term with a rising cap that AAV will be peanuts before it’s a problem

Masterplan

May 9, 2022
If the Sens had signed this contract back in June the day after the trade, the reviews would have been Sens win the trade big time, but now that they've watch and evaluated him in pre-season training, the word is "too much before he's played any real games"?!

You guys are a fickle lot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad