Confirmed Signing with Link: [OTT] F Shane Pinto re-signs with the Senators (2 years, $3.75M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Friedman calling this a stalemate when it's 2nd day of free agency lol.
Pinto let it be known after the season ended, he wanted to get a contract sorted as soon as possible so it wasn’t hanging all summer. He actually wanted to have a contract done before the WHC. So there probably was a stalemate of sorts. I’m guessing they couldn’t find middle ground on a long term deal and finally settled on a bridge when Staois got most of the other business sorted.

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
The sens weren’t even close to making playoffs last year and they traded a first rounder for one year of an aging (although still great) goalie.

That's a god awful trade with zero foresight. Ullmark likely won't resign unless it's a huge overpayment. It's the duchene trade all over again.
They traded a late first to get 75% of Korpisalo’s contract off the books to the tune of 12M.

They got a year of Ullmark (and a decent chance at an extension despite your hyperbole) for Kastelic.

Sucks Staios is cleaning up Dorion’s mess, but it is a tidy piece of business the vast majority of Sens fans are happy with.

I don’t know why I am posting on the mains today, it’s mostly trolling around these parts.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
The sens weren’t even close to making playoffs last year and they traded a first rounder for one year of an aging (although still great) goalie.

That's a god awful trade with zero foresight. Ullmark likely won't resign unless it's a huge overpayment. It's the duchene trade all over again.
Goodness gracious there's a lot wrong with this post.

1.it was known where the first would be, so no chance of it hitting 4th overall.

2.ottawa's biggest issue was goaltending last year, because Korpisalo was statistically horrific

3.they got rid of that contract and the 16 million left on it, only having to eat 25 percent

4.they acquired a vezina winning goaltender, with a good shot of re-signing him as PART of that korpisalo dumping.

5.talk about foresight, the Sens saved 12 million bucks in the deal to either pay Ullmark or a different goalie.

Otherwise, your post was excellent!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Crazy that the guy who was going to have to leave to be able to sign Pinto was the guy who had to leave in order to be able to sign Pinto. Still need 3 forwards and a defenseman for just under 4M. Good luck?
How bad at math are you? There's an entire website that is dedicated to this. It's not complicated. They have 3.6 million in cap space and 19 players under contract. How new are you?

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
How bad at math are you? There's an entire website that is dedicated to this. It's not complicated. They have 3.6 million in cap space and 19 players under contract. How new are you?
So you don't have enough players to qualify for not being fined, currently, under the CBA. The max roster is 23. So once again... you need to sign 4 players to reach the max active roster.

Good thing you aren't the GM.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So you don't have enough players to qualify for not being fined, currently, under the CBA. The max roster is 23. So once again... you need to sign 4 players to reach the max active roster.

Max is 23 but the minimum is 20. Teams rarely carry a 23 man roster.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Max is 23 but the minimum is 20. Teams rarely carry a 23 man roster.
Most will usually carry 22 minimum and with 3 goalies starting to become a trend, last year, 23 is starting to become less rare. And as soon as you start using up IR spots, the 23-man fills up very quickly.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Most will usually carry 22 minimum and with 3 goalies starting to become a trend, last year, 23 is starting to become less rare. And as soon as you start using up IR spots, the 23-man fills up very quickly.

6 teams had a 23 man roster on opening night, obviously with injuries and as teams accrue cap space they can carry bigger rosters, though IR doesn't count towards the roster. Either way the original point was wrong. They just have to get to a 20 man roster.

Capfirendly has them with with 3.6m in cap space and a 19 man roster. I don't think it's a worry to met minimum requirements. Even if they had to get to a 23 man roster, which they don't have to. They could carry Halliday, Kleven, Jarventie (highest cap hit of non-roster players on cap friendly) and have another 830k to add Ostapchuk to get to a 23 man roster and be under the cap.

PuckPedia has them at 1.9 in cap space with a 21 man roster btw. Kleven and Crookshank are on the roster. Opening night roster they probably carry 22 and have 775K-1M in cap space.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Absolutely clueless. You don't need to carry 23 players. You just need 20. The goal is not to have 3 healthy scratches a game. No team in the league does that. Those players to fill it out get called up from the AHL when there are injuries they all make between 775 and 900 k. You need about 1.6 million to spare. So Ottawa has roughly 2 million to sign one or 2 players with plenty of room to maneuver. Like I said you're new.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Absolutely clueless. You don't need to carry 23 players. You just need 20. The goal is not to have 3 healthy scratches a game. No team in the league does that. Those players to fill it out get called up from the AHL when there are injuries they all make between 775 and 900 k. You need about 1.6 million to spare. So Ottawa has roughly 2 million to sign one or 2 players with plenty of room to maneuver. Like I said you're new.

Today I learned that teams never have more than two injured guys at once.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Today I learned that teams never have more than two injured guys at once.
Show me how many teams carried 23 players last year.

The answer is 0. Today I learned that most of HF boards has absolutely no clue about how teams have managed the cap. You do understand players can be called up and down don't you? There's this other league called the AHL. Wild concept but they are affiliated with NHL teams for a few purposes but one of them... get this it's for when there is injuries. Players are on these things called 2 way contracts. Where they can go up and down. There's also these designations players can go on called injury reserve. They also have emergency call ups and even long term injured reserve. Crazy eh. Who knew?! Not you obviously.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009

Lmao wtf.

Define max.

Define min.

Is English your third language?

Reactions: Curufinwe

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Show me how many teams carried 23 players last year.

The answer is 0. Today I learned that most of HF boards has absolutely no clue about how teams have managed the cap. You do understand players can be called up and down don't you? There's this other league called the AHL. Wild concept but they are affiliated with NHL teams for a few purposes but one of them... get this it's for when there is injuries. Players are on these things called 2 way contracts. Where they can go up and down. There's also these designations players can go on called injury reserve. They also have emergency call ups and even long term injured reserve. Crazy eh. Who knew?! Not you obviously.

LTIR comes with requirements. Emergency callups and the like still count toward the cap. Most teams run with 22 guys on the roster. But there are time when you have a few guys hurt when you are paying the cap hit of 23, 24 or more guys. Of course it’s calculated on a daily basis, and you don’t need coverage for the full season, but being able to have a 23 man roster at game 1 of the season gives you the wiggle room. Uppity this morning aren’t you.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
LTIR comes with requirements. Emergency callups and the like still count toward the cap. Most teams run with 22 guys on the roster. But there are time when you have a few guys hurt when you are paying the cap hit of 23, 24 or more guys. Of course it’s calculated on a daily basis, and you don’t need coverage for the full season, but being able to have a 23 man roster at game 1 of the season gives you the wiggle room. Uppity this morning aren’t you.
I'd do some more research on 'emergency call ups'. You came at me sarcastically not sure what response you'd expect. Sens haven't made the playoffs for 7 years why are you in every thread right now? Upset that hilarious concept that a ufa goalie was going to return a 23 year old 6'3 two way center? They aren't a threat. Your team got way better the last couple days. Enjoy it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad