Proposal: OTT - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hehe, ole good Edmonton fans I've been knowing for almost 15 years. They keep whining about their team suckage, but keep saying "we won't trade our great players for your trash", meanwhile their team keeps sucking.

And it's been lasting for not 5 years, not even 10 years...

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Zub is being severely underrated, and Barrie has near negative value

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Hehe, ole good Edmonton fans I've been knowing for almost 15 years. They keep whining about their team suckage, but keep saying "we won't trade our great players for your trash", meanwhile their team keeps sucking.

I didn't realize this was exclusive to Edmonton fans. It's pretty much this way in every discussion on the trade boards.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
He'd be one of the top D on the Oilers. Bouchard is good and might stay with Nurse. You could play Zub with Nurse or on the second pair. He's certainly going to play ahead of Ceci.
If all this trade does is bump Ceci to third pair then it probably isn't worth it for Edmonton either. Ceci has been far better than advertised.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009

Well, they aren't exactly wrong.
You don't improve a team by trading good players for poor ones.
Or even trading poor players for other poor players.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Well, they aren't exactly wrong.
You don't improve a team by trading good players for poor ones.
Or even trading poor players for other poor players.

Of course you don't. The problem is to understand what players are good and what players are bad... Of course, it practically doesn't depend on fans opinion, so it's understandable they don't feel any responsibility for what they say or think...

Reactions: Zenos

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Don't think Edmonton fans know just how good Zub is. It typically isn't a telling stat, but look at his plus minus in relation to rest of the team. He'd be your 2nd best defender.

Zub is like an excellent complementary top 4 guy and might be able to be top pairing in his own right in a couple years. He's a late bloomer.

I like his play and potential impact to Seidenberg.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Agreed. I could stand something around Barrie for Zub, but not with a prospect like Bourgault included. I think Barrie's calie gets criminally underestimated on this board as well. Way too many "he has no value" comments.

Zub was a + player last year and he is a +player this year and he plays a lot. The Sens are -63 last year and this year. The guy is easily worth your best prospect he is fantastic

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'd say Edmonton's situation is pretty unique compared to other teams, so its fans are pretty unique as well.
I disagree. I think all fanbases act basically the same for the most part. Every fanbase has homers. Every fanbase has instigators. The fanbases that are larger just have more of the obnoxious type of fans so it stands out more.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Zub was a + player last year and he is a +player this year and he plays a lot. The Sens are -63 last year and this year. The guy is easily worth your best prospect he is fantastic
Maybe in a bubble but if it's to get a 2nd pair guy and bump Ceci to third pair it isn't worth it. I'd rather pay that price for a scoring winger, 2nd pair LD or goalie. Nothing against Zub. I believe the hype with him. But it just doesn't fit with our most pressing needs.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Maybe in a bubble but if it's to get a 2nd pair guy and bump Ceci to third pair it isn't worth it. I'd rather pay that price for a scoring winger, 2nd pair LD or goalie. Nothing against Zub. I believe the hype with him. But it just doesn't fit with our most pressing needs.

Unless Zub becomes a core member of your team, I agree. A steep price to pay for a complimentary (albeit a very good complimentary player).

Bourgault in a package can return a player that will be an effective player on Edmonton’s core for a very, very long time with limited team control.

I like your take here, because it isn’t a knock on Zub. It’s just an evaluation of needs, for what it’s worth I think Zub is what the Oilers were looking for when they traded for Larsson. I think of him as having a Pesce-esque impact on a team.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
The last thing Sens need is another defensive liability, easy no from Ottawa.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Not. A. Chance.

why the F would Ottawa trade Zub lol?!
He literally is the best at what Ottawa has struggled with the most.

He’s a legit 2/3 low maintenance ultra reliable RHD, we need that far more than Bourgault (and Barrie who we don’t need for free. )

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If all this trade does is bump Ceci to third pair then it probably isn't worth it for Edmonton either. Ceci has been far better than advertised.

Ceci has looked pretty average to me, but Zub can be a difference maker. I don't think that they make each other the slightest bit redundant, you need more than one shutdown capable defender in the playoffs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad