Proposal: OTT - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:sens

Tyson Barrie
Xavier Bourgault

:edmonton

Artem Zub
Ottawa's 2022 2nd round pick

As I have heard from Sens fans Artem Zub is a great RHD defender. The Oilers need to get better on their back end and this also saves them $2 Million on the cap which might be important next year. The Ottawa 2nd will replace the possible 2nd the Oilers dealt away in the Keith trade.

Ottawa gets a highly skilled offensive RHD in Barrie who isn't signed too long and not too expensive but is a bit of a defensive liability. The gem of this deal for Ottawa is Bourgault. The Sens do not have a forward of his caliber in their system.

Oiler fans: Did I overpay for another Larsson-type player?

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
No deal Howie. You're not getting Zub without giving up a 1st + Ottawa has no interest in Barrie as I'm sure Barrie has no interest in Ottawa.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Yeah, Bourgault is a really nice piece and I’m not sure Zub’s shine is going to be as bright when he’s making 4.5/5m a year.

Posted this in another discussion, but Zub is literally what the Oilers need to revamp their entire defense. The guy can stabilize any pairing.

Yes, Ottawa needs to retain talent. I understand that, but I think for the right value it would be smart to move him before he walks or Dorion gives him a huge contract. MDZ got 2x2 lol

Barrie is close to as useless as possible with Chabot taking up the PP#1 role and Sanderson, Brannstrom, Thomson (with his shot) all competing to take PP#2 as soon as next year and even earlier this year.

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
:sens

Tyson Barrie
Xavier Bourgault

:edmonton

Artem Zub
Ottawa's 2022 2nd round pick

As I have heard from Sens fans Artem Zub is a great RHD defender. The Oilers need to get better on their back end and this also saves them $2 Million on the cap which might be important next year. The Ottawa 2nd will replace the possible 2nd the Oilers dealt away in the Keith trade.

Ottawa gets a highly skilled offensive RHD in Barrie who isn't signed too long and not too expensive but is a bit of a defensive liability. The gem of this deal for Ottawa is Bourgault. The Sens do not have a forward of his caliber in their system.

I like how the oilers are giving up a former first rounder for a toss in

Try barrier for Zub

Reactions: ManofSteel55

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I like how the oilers are giving up a former first rounder for a toss in

Try barrier for Zub

Yeah, not to mention a first rounder that has only improved his stock since being drafted.

Zub is most likely worth a first rounder considering his contract if he was a rental, and the fact that he has another year adds value as well.

Bourgault carries ALOT of value but I think the value isn’t as far between him and Zub as most people think. However idk if Zub is the piece the Oilers are missing, I’m sure if Oilers were moving Bourgault it’d be for a package of higher quality to acquire someone better than Zub.

Reactions: LTIR

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Yeah, not to mention a first rounder that has only improved his stock since being drafted.

Zub is most likely worth a first rounder considering his contract if he was a rental, and the fact that he has another year adds value as well.

Bourgault carries ALOT of value but I think the value isn’t as far between him and Zub as most people think. However idk if Zub is the piece the Oilers are missing, I’m sure if Oilers were moving Bourgault it’d be for a package of higher quality to acquire someone better than Zub.

Sorry not a Zub fan. You may get a very late first for him. But once the oiler d is healthy Zub will drop down the depth chart

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
No deal Howie. You're not getting Zub without giving up a 1st + Ottawa has no interest in Barrie as I'm sure Barrie has no interest in Ottawa.
This is a first+

Bourgault was just picked as a 1st rounder last year and his stock has gone up since.
Barrie while quite flawed, still has value as a speciality dman. Its beneficial for teams to have dmen who can put up points and transition the puck, hfboards just hates them.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Fans around the league will eventually learn about Zub. Your deal makes complete sense if Ottawa is throwing a 2nd away, common trend.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Good deal for the Oilers. I wouldn't do it from the Sens perspective. Even if he tells you that he isn't going to extend (which we don't know about), the Sens can still move Zub at next year's deadline and get a late 1st minimum anyways. The Sens desperately need to keep Zub, so keep him and keep trying to extend until you get to that point next year.

No, in the last year Zub has been about as good as Larsson at his best. #2 caliber shutdown D. This trade would be a win for the Oilers.

Oilers would rather give up a 1st than Bourgault. And Sens should prefer Bourgault to a late 1st this year.

Sorry not a Zub fan. You may get a very late first for him. But once the oiler d is healthy Zub will drop down the depth chart

He'd be one of the top D on the Oilers. Bouchard is good and might stay with Nurse. You could play Zub with Nurse or on the second pair. He's certainly going to play ahead of Ceci.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Meh, I don't blame Oilers fans for being clueless about Zub. If ya dont follow the Sens or him you dont know much about him.

Id be tempted to do this deal from a Sens pov in fear that he walks for his next contract. But if I know hed resign, it would be a no go.

Reactions: Nightrain

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Can someone post some analytical numbers for Zub that is relevant?

I feel like Zub would be Edmonton’s best defensemen in terms of shut down qualities. Could most definitely be wrong and don’t have anything to back that up with though.

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad