Proposal: OTT - EDM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
:edmonton

Erik Brannstrom (22, RHD)

:sens

Kailer Yamamoto (23, RW)

I think with the emergence of Evan Bouchard as the Oilers best RH PMD Holland might consider moving Barrie. That leaves a hole on the right side for a young RHD to slide in. Brannstrom seems to be the odd man out in Ottawa.

Yamamoto is a small, young, fireplug of a player and whose has not yet replicated his stellar first year with the team. He has not yet reached his full potential. Is it a mistake to deal him right now? Maybe. Ottawa would gain a really young good forward on a reasonable contract.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You don't think its a bit early to be talking about trading Barrie?

I'm okay with exploring trade options for Yamamoto, but if we do end up trading Yamamoto, I bet its not for a young guy like Brannstrom, but in a package for another veteran player, like Josh Manson.
Barrie and Yama must have struggled last night. Knee jerk thread

Reactions: voxel and Llamamoto

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
That's exactly what it is. Both guys have come out struggling, so dump them. Dump them NOW!

That said, if we could do Barrie, Yamamoto and futures to Anaheim for Gibson or Manson+, I do it, but there are a lot of reasons why that won't happen (too early to sell off rentals, Anaheim already has their Barrie in Shattenkirk, etc).

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
That's exactly what it is. Both guys have come out struggling, so dump them. Dump them NOW!

That said, if we could do Barrie, Yamamoto and futures to Anaheim for Gibson or Manson+, I do it, but there are a lot of reasons why that won't happen (too early to sell off rentals, Anaheim already has their Barrie in Shattenkirk, etc).

Well, no, this isn't a knee jerk thread. I've been paying attention to Brannstrom for a while now. I think Barrie will have another great offensive year with the Oilers but if he is dealt, the Oilers could do worse than land Brannstrom, whom I don't think should be available but is.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an oiler fan I'd make that deal in 3 seconds. Whether they talked about moving Barrie or not.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Brannstrom is pretty much an LD. There has been talk of trying him on RD forever but I haven't seen him play on the right side IIRC. And the way that he gets hit every game I don't think you would want him retrieving pucks on his backhand. He would probably be killed.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Brannstrom is pretty much an LD. There has been talk of trying him on RD forever but I haven't seen him play on the right side IIRC. And the way that he gets hit every game I don't think you would want him retrieving pucks on his backhand. He would probably be killed.

I don't think he's gotten a fair shake in Ottawa under Smith, even if he game needs polishing. Most young defensemen do.

Reactions: Pia8988

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

he has played rd in both the ahl and internationally

Reactions: TFHockey

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Zadina
Stecher

For

Brannstrom
Formenton
Ottawa 3rd 2022

Didn't want to create a new thread.

Good or bad? Not committed either way.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Formenton's value is higher than Brannstrom IMO. Oilers don't really need either one of them. We got other holes to fill.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I think if Yamamoto goes anywhere it’ll be for an upgrade on Ceci, goalie with good playoff record, or a different style of RW. Like a younger Kassian. We don’t lack for puck movers on the blue line and we’ve got some really nice youngsters pushing.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
ottawa wont do that

DJ doesn't like small players

He doesn't like Brannstrom either by the look of things. I thought perhaps the Oilers, lacking any near NHL ready RHD prospects might want to take a look at Brannstrom. He is pretty close and I don't think he has had a fair shake in Ottawa.

However Yams value isn't super high right now either so a wait and see attitude could be the right move for Holland.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Would fit the trend:

Bear - RD
Benning - RD
Barrie - RD
Bouchard - RD
Berglund - RD
Brannstrom - RD ?

Maybe we will just move Broberg to the right side.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad