OT: Other sports thread: Doyers Angels, Rams, Lakers, Bruins, Trojans, Capybaras

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
Injuries to the OL and at CB are a huge concern right now for the Rams. That could derail thing - especially these first 3-4 games.

Reactions: 21Dog and Lt Dan

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
The Angels are 60-87, and need to go 7-8 to avoid the worst season in franchise history. Arte made 140 mil in ad revenue. Nobody comes close to that mans greed and horrible ownership.
Unsurprising coming from a guy who made his fortunes via billboard advertising.

Reactions: kingsfan28

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
IMO, Thursday night should be Tua's last football game of his life.

Yeah, how many more hits like that can he take and still function away from football? I can't be the only one who asked why he didn't slide. Brady and the like had long careers because they had the smarts to know when to go down before getting hit.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
The folks in charge of UCLA do not care about football. Right or wrong - that’s just the way it is. They still think it’s 100% academics at college and the athletic department.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
The folks in charge of UCLA do not care about football. Right or wrong - that’s just the way it is. They still think it’s 100% academics at college and the athletic department.
A lot of people claim joining the Big 10 improves UCLA's academic chops, but I don't see why that is the case.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
I was gonna post this after attending an Angels game against the Astros but I kept fogetting. But yeah, the Angels are in a terribad shape. I did not recognize any of the players in their starting lineup. Ron Washington didn’t even bother trotting out Rendon. I was mainly there to hate on the Astros (along with a few other Dodger fans that attended the game).

But anyway, Angel Stadium is still a pretty good ballpark. Dodger Stadium and Angel Stadium do have one thing in common: unflattering and bland surroundings. A damn sea of parking lot. I do have to say, though, that the closest main street from Angel Stadium (Katella) is just a short walk (I got some Panda Express before the game lol). Unlike Dodger Stadium, which is a hike to get to from Sunset.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
There seems to be a weird trend emerging the last few years in MLB with some owners. Owners don't want to compete anymore. You look at the Angels, Cubs, Marlins, Royals, Tigers compared to the Diamondbacks, Rays, Dodgers and there's just no desire to field a winning team with those first five teams listed.

The Angels had two of the best players currently in MLB for the last 4 years and couldn't even field a playoff team.

Meanwhile the Dodgers are just buying everyone and going for it every year, luxury tax be damned.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I can't believe we're on 50-50 watch for Shohei. What a phenom.

Miller is cooked for the Dodgers. Guy has had maybe one decent start since coming back from injury.

He shouldn't see another meaningful inning this year. Needs a mental reset. He's mind ####ed.

Feel for the dude, he wasn't supposed to even be up but that's how injured the Dodgers were...it's physical and became mental on top of it. Sounded like they're going to shut him down for the year altogether, and I think that's smart.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
But anyway, Angel Stadium is still a pretty good ballpark. Dodger Stadium and Angel Stadium do have one thing in common: unflattering and bland surroundings. A damn sea of parking lot. I do have to say, though, that the closest main street from Angel Stadium (Katella) is just a short walk (I got some Panda Express before the game lol). Unlike Dodger Stadium, which is a hike to get to from Sunset.
I drove through that area awhile back and I was a bit jelous of the parking situation at The Honda Center. Looks an awful lot easier parking and getting to the building than it does at Crypto.

The whole area around THC and Angel Stadium just feels more open and less dense. I kind of like that. Seems less stressful.

348s.jpg

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I drove through that area awhile back and I was a bit jelous of the parking situation at The Honda Center. Looks an awful lot easier parking and getting to the building than it does at Crypto.

The whole area around THC and Angel Stadium just feels more open and less dense. I kind of like that. Seems less stressful.

348s.jpg

That's one thing that whole area does really have going for it

but if there's one thing we know about developers....you're not going to have space like that forever. I'd expect several garages at some point or another to go with additional buildouts.

Actually I feel like the plan for anaheim live or whatever theyr'e calling it is already out there?

Reactions: johnjm22

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That's one thing that whole area does really have going for it

but if there's one thing we know about developers....you're not going to have space like that forever. I'd expect several garages at some point or another to go with additional buildouts.

Actually I feel like the plan for anaheim live or whatever theyr'e calling it is already out there?
It's true that it will probably get more dense over time, but it'd be a long long time before it ever got as dense as DTLA.

I find parking and getting to the game at Staples/Crypto kind of stressful. But I'm not a city boy. I just like less dense areas in general.

Schrute farms

Jul 7, 2020
The large amount of parking lots and ease getting in/out is why I prefer to go to kings game in OC.
But that’s going to change majorly. They’ve already started construction on the new OCVibe. It’s be a mini LA live type thing. Which means gone are all the parking lots. One big parking structure (that’s being built) along the side facing the 57. It’ll be a pain once done, like most places, getting around that stadium and in/out. Still better than DTLA, but no longer a breeze

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
Takes on Caleb Williams potential as a pro? The Bears traditionally f up their QB picks.. and so far after a couple of games Im wondering if this trend is going to continue (way to early to tell, but it got my hackles up)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I think he'll be fine. He may need a season.

How many USC QB's have been good in the NFL though?
Halfback U not exactly a hotbed of QB talent.. I guess Palmer actually had a career mostly as a starter. Everyone else like Haden didnt last. Who am I forgetting? Re Williams my gut says he is a bust... hope to be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad